Can't find rattle source

• I rarely ride without a helmet, but when I do, I can hear a metallic rattle sound. Sounds like it's coming from under the hood area. With helmet on, I usually don't notice it. Sounds more like something loose than something catastrophic. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what did you track it down to?

• If I had that issue (I have rattles, none bad enough to really digging into), I'd check the muffler, if you have a stock one. With it cold (or heavy gloves on if not), shake it around and see if it rattles.

If that's not it, I'd take the hood off and take a ride around the neighborhood, with a passenger to help listen and try to isolate where it's coming from.

• Only a couple of thousand miles on it, but kick the muffler and see, Sounds tinny, so it could be in the exhaust someplace.

Maybe I'll just turn the radio up and forget it. That, at least, would make the radio worth something.

:BLUESS:

• I guess every Slingshot has an elusive little noise gremlin hiding somewhere. My gremlin is the "squeegee" noise the drive train makes as I let the clutch out. I have no idea what it is, but it definitely sounds like it's in the tranny. Could be the climate where I live, too... 🤔

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• is it steady or only when you hit a bump?
    once in a while I find empty screw holes....Screws and bolts can vibrate loose.
    try shaking everything under the hood by hand. Look for rub marks....my hood was hitting my headlight bracket....it wore off the black paint and you could see bare metal scrape marks. Try lifting up and down on the hood.

I had a rattle in my van...it was pieces of the Guts of My catalytic Converter...it Broke apart and needed replaced. I’ve had exhaust heat shields over the converter come loose and bounce around...
    check the shock mount bolts.....

• I guess every Slingshot has an elusive little noise gremlin hiding somewhere. My gremlin is the "squeegee" noise the drive train makes as I let the clutch out. I have no idea what it is, but it definitely sounds like it's in the tranny. Could be the climate where I live, too... 🤔

If you hear that when you get out of bed, it's your artificial knee and you need gen2. 8o

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I shook, rattled and banged on everything I could reach under the hood. Pretty sure it is the tin heat shield around the muffler. I think two "hose clamp" type brackets on top top instead of just one would help.

Oh well, ear plugs, a helmet, the "radio" and wind drown it out on the road.

• I put new Rear shocks on my van once and there was a banging noise after some bigger bumps.....

I put shocks on for a 1/2 ton because that’s what it is......but since it was a conversion van They used 3/4 ton shocks.....the 3/4 ton shock shaft is 1/4” longer ...so the short shaft was bottoming out....creating the banging noise.

tap on the shield with a screw driver

• I rarely ride without a helmet, but when I do, I can hear a metallic rattle sound. Sounds like it's coming from under the hood area. With helmet on, I usually don't notice it. Sounds more like something loose than something catastrophic. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what did you track it down to?

I had a loose baffle inside the muffler that rattled. With the muffler off you could shake it and hear the rattling. Replaced under warranty .