Sling wont start

• Hello fellow Slingas,

I have a problem and I am at a loss.

Two days ago my Sling wouldnt start.

I turn key, and after it cycles, I push starter button and it just ticks no start.

*I have checked the battery, (Yellowtop) and it is good.

* I have checked fuses and swapped breakers and they are good.

* I had a friend swap out clutch switch thinking that was the problem.

* I pushed sling a couple of inches to reset starter. (Heard that worked for some).

***The only thing I have not tried is popping clutch because I am on a steep hill, and if it doesnt work I am screwed trying to get back in driveway.

* I heard there is a Starter solenoid separate from starter relay, I cant find it.

I am trying to avoid a tow to dealer. Has anyone had an issue like this??

Advice would be appreciated.

7000 miles

HELPPPPPP

• If its the starter solenoid you will hear a distinctive loudish clink noise each time you mash the starter button. Mine has been doing this for a while and i keep procrastinating putting a new starter on it. (Starter and solenoid are not sold separately). You would think that the solenoid would be seperate since most Chevy solenoids are but not this one...

Anyway if you have a bad solenoid just rapid fire rhe start button like a madman and it will usually work after about the 20th push. I sometimes mash my starter button about the speed at which a machine gun fires....

Sadly i actually have the replacement starter in the back floorboard of my truck. I just hate taking my intake off and getting it all fingerprinted up.

• While your changing the starter there is a wire from the alternator to the starter. If you run a lot of power consuming equipment such as stereo amplifiers or heated seats or pretty much anything that requires power..... It is a good time to change that wire out with a 4 guage copprr wire with good ends on it.

• Just purchased a 2019 SS SL. Parked it for 4 days, went to start it and it just clicks (everything lights up). Jumped it, it started and drove it for a few miles. Went to jump back in it after about an hour and it did the same thing. I’M NOT HAPPY! Called dealer and they want me to bring it in to test the battery. Anyone else had such an issue so early in the game?

• Fortunately I haven’t had that issue with the sling but I did with a brand new car. Bad batteries aren’t prejudice, they happen! Good luck with your new battery and your new toy.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• It's not uncommon and several new Slingshot owners have reported the same issue. Keep in mind that the battery went through Polaris' supply chain and could have been warehoused for months before installation and has been in an unused Sling since. Your Sling could have been manufactured as early as late 2018 (there is a manufacture date on the sticker). My guess is a simple swap will put the smile back on your face.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm still on the original battery in my 2015 that was manufactured in August 2014. I guess to average out to a 3 year battery, some of us have to get less than 1 year out of one so that those of us on 5 and 6 bring up the average. :):):)

Plus I heard early on that they put the long lasting batteries into the FASTER RED Slingshots j/k

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE