Space - The Final Frontier

• Gene Roddenberry wrote that he took inspiration from the NASA seal which is also the basis for the Space Force insignia.

So Star Trek copied the format from the Gov'ment not the other way round like some are portraying it ....

.......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• only about 30 minutes to go and everything looks good :thumbsup:

just need the weather to hold and it should be a go 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• only 5 minutes or so - - :00008674::00008674:

• so - - how fast did they do the 1/2 mile :00008698:

• Me, not so much. What has space gotten us? Take away the possible military aspect and you have nothing left. When you think of it look at where we are after all these years just going to be hundreds and maybe thousands of years before we can explore deep space. First we have to find the correct fuel

many of the technology things we use today are a direct result of the space program....miniaturization of electronics was a big one...the need to cut down on weight was the major reason....think mini cameras...and other electronics...the computing power of the space capsule was equivalent to a small calculator...

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/infog…graphic.view.php?id=11358

• Stow-a-way?

Elon was on camera all day up until close to the launch. He is a fascinating man and if you asked me who I'd like to spend lunch (not launch) with, he'd be it. I have to give him credit for participating in, but not dominating the production. His intellect is unquestionable and his accomplishments are admirable.

Now if I could just get him to look at my prototype Potato gun.

Yeah, it's that good...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• this was a big day in space history.....

Yes it was - - much better computer generated graphics than what they had back in the day when they faked the moon landing - - - don't you think :/

• Yes it was - - much better computer generated graphics than what they had back in the day when they faked the moon landing - - - don't you think :/

Silly Ed. That was before CGI. They staged the moon landing in a Hollywood studio. Surprised you didn't know that.;)

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Silly Ed. That was before CGI. They staged the moon landing in a Hollywood studio. Surprised you didn't know that.;)

My Uncle Hadley Ford was the #2 man at JPL in CA and was in charge of making sure that everything was in the right place in the Hollywood studio. JPL is where all the planning was done for all the Space activity.

• Silly Ed. That was before CGI. They staged the moon landing in a Hollywood studio. Surprised you didn't know that.;)

ohhhhh damn!

• Couldn't find the correct power cord for a camera

Took over an hour of putting stuff away before they could open the hatch.

Had to black out video so one Astronaut could take a pee after he had already cleared his suit.

Couldn't get the remote microphone to work. had someone keep asking if he checked the switch.

Two valves didn't close to stowage position so they had to override them

Had to run a vent hose down and velcro it to the hatch then climb over it.

One of the Astronauts hit his head and was bleeding while exiting the capsule .....

Looked like me setting up the RV ....... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• and there is a reason why this mission is called "Demo -2" - - still very new and bugs to be worked out and things to be learned - - I am just glad we are back to being able to put Americans into space without needing the Russians and their ancient Soyuz tech from the 60's

up and back safely with no major issues thats all I ask - - - and this time lets keep updating the tech and moving forward instead of letting it get so outdated it needs to be retired without a replacement already on hand.

seriously the U.S.'s habit of dropping everything and changing directions with the space program is something I find very irritating

think about it - we had the X15 program which had it been continued and developed could have easily morphed into a successful space plane, but noooo - Russia puts a satellite in space and we drop it all like a hot potato and start building rockets all the way to putting a man on the moon with one of the most advanced rockets ever the Saturn 5 - - then what do we do - we decide rockets are not good enough we need a space plane - - and off we go building shuttles - - okay thats good, but do we keep improving them and making newer models like they do with cars so that the tech keeps going - - Nooooo! we build 5 that are all the same that are space worthy and then we fly them until they are no longer safe to fly all the time building NOTHING to replace them and then when we do retire them we decide to go back to rockets and start all over again - - cant help but wonder what the hell people have been thinking

meanwhile Russia has jus kept flying the same old rockets the Soyuz first flight November 1966 and still being updated and improved and flying today

Thank God the U.S. has put this in the hands of private enterprises - if anything is a safe bet I would think it will be that the companies like SpaceX that are now doing so much will know that to keep an edge and keep making money they are going to want to be constantly improving and coming out with new and better rockets and capsules all of the time - - competition baby - - its a good thing

• Elon Musk may be a screwball, pot smoking flake, but he gets things done. And, he pushes others. How many all electric cars would be on the market without Tesla? How many self driving cars without Tesla? Are they perfected? No. Is there a perfect mouse trap???

He invents, he innovates, he challenges. If he can talk a dozen or ten or six people to go n a one-way trip to Mars, more power to him. How many people left Europe 300 years ago and had a round trip ticket back? Only the Captain and crew, and a lot of them died.

As the song says, "You might be right, I might be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for."