Ipad mount for aftermarket windshields

• I don't have an IPad, but I do have a phone mount and a dashcam mounted to that bracket right there. The phone mount was originally peel-n-stick until the plastic broke down (snapped the neck) so then I modified it to run a bolt through that center hole.

That being said, that mount gets A LOT of vibration from the wind and general movement of the car. I would NOT recommend putting anything as big as an IPad there. If my phone mount broke just holding my Samsung S9 cell phone, I could not imagine what it would do with the weight of a tablet.

Other people have made mounts that go right over the stereo area MiM or mount lower on the center console.

• thats exactly what i need. You have a link for that one? Is that your set up?

I don't really use it much any more because I do not have a top and the sun make it hard to see the screen.

You can locate the parts you need here https://www.rammount.com/

Then search Amazon for the best prices - Sorry I don't have a direct link

Good Luck

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I've always said that I'll get an Ipad once I have my first Iperiod! :D

If you look closely that is a $35 Tablet from best buy - and I still have no idea how to use it. I was only using it to get some extra engine data thru a blue tooth adapter. But after rabtech helped me set it up and left me on my own I was lost. So I now use it to prop open my toolbox since the hinge is broken.

Period!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I would also warn against putting anything like an Ipad in a RAM mount on that windshield mount. It might work fine, but you run the risk of vibration damage over time. I've been using RAM mounts for years on motorcycles and I know that vibration was related to some early deaths of those devices. But after seeing the crazy amount no my SS doing the same thing, I just took mine down. I just put it on the seat next to me or throw it in the glove box. If I'm using it for navigation, I just listen to the prompts via bluetooth.

• I would also warn against putting anything like an Ipad in a RAM mount on that windshield mount. It might work fine, but you run the risk of vibration damage over time. I've been using RAM mounts for years on motorcycles and I know that vibration was related to some early deaths of those devices. But after seeing the crazy amount no my SS doing the same thing, I just took mine down. I just put it on the seat next to me or throw it in the glove box. If I'm using it for navigation, I just listen to the prompts via bluetooth.

My Garmin has probably got around 80,000 miles mounted to the center brace with no vibration and no damage. I think that I was the first to post on the forums about mounting the phone/Garmin's at this location back in 2015. Early on I made a custom piece of all thread, metric on one end and standard thread on the other end.