Roadie pictures - in search of the perfect road.

• Okey - here's a little gem I shot along the way. We’ve all heard about this thing called gravity. Some of these boulders are half the size of the house!
    Well it appears some folk don’t know about it.

"Ya - lets put the house here - what could go wrong??":00007956:

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Quarantine😯 this place is crazy busy pretty much from open to close. It's a stopping point for many. I have lots of pics of my favorite rides in my back yard. Will find them later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• not my picture, but here is the lower part of my highway 74 that I take up out of Palm Desert

b44b42b6837245a676ac601641372d5a.jpg

i-hVk7Wbn.jpg

Sure there are tons of great rides, but this one has the advantage of being something I can do pretty much anytime I am in the mood and its also great for getting up out of the summer heat

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Heck, Photography has been my hobby for most of my life and back in the early 70's I even shot for a magazine, but despite this I just dont seem to be able to stop and take picture when I am on a great road - usually just having too damn much fun driving - I do have GoPro videos of some of my rides, but those dont require stopping - fact is the only picture I can find on my favorite little loop ride where I actually stopped just to take a picture was a cell phone snap I took of Lake Fulmor - funny thing is you could drive right past it and not even know it is there which I had done many times before

i-n8QSL42-XL.jpg

I would be casting my lure from right where you took that photo!

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I would be casting my lure from right where you took that photo!

they do stock it with trout from what I hear

• [quote='Edward Neal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9172-roadie-pictures-in-search-of-the-perfect-road/&postID=308631#post308631']

not my picture, but here is the lower part of my highway 74 that I take up out of Palm Desert

b44b42b6837245a676ac601641372d5a.jpg

i-hVk7Wbn.jpg

Sure there are tons of great rides, but this one has the advantage of being something I can do pretty much anytime I am in the mood and its also great for getting up out of the summer heat

[/quote]

Yes, so many rides right there!! We do Idylwild, every week in the summer for taco Thursday's at La Casita. We also make trips down to your area for lunch. At last count, there are 14! Slingshots here where I live. Haven't been out with more than 7 at a time tho. The first pic is on the 79, from Julian. 2 and 3 are Idylwild, 3rd Mt Taquitz

• First time I sat in a slingshot was when a very nice couple that was with a group of three Slingshots were nice enough to let me try it on outside a restaurant in Idyllwild

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Its kind of funny - I do have my road that I like to ride its right here in my own back yard so to speak. I love doing the loop from my home up highway 74 through mountain center and then Idyllwild and then back down 243 and around back home - - its not a horribly long ride, but it takes me from down here on the desert floor up into the mountains to around 6,000 feet and some great fresh air and scenery - its a really fun road to drive and sometimes I head out early and stop at the Mile High Cafe for a great breakfast

I would love to share pictures, but I never have actually stopped to take any - -

And you KNOW it didn't happen unless we get pics....so better get out there to get some.

• May have been us😊

would have been summer of 2016 and if I recall correctly it was a gray metallic Slingshot that I sat in. Very nice couple and when I was sitting in it the wife was talking to my wife trying to convince her that she would love it :thumbsup:

I picked up my 2016 SL the next May

• 😂 and did she?❤ Wasn't me, or anyone here. I'm the only silver one, but with black

My Sara hates the sun and doesn't really like convertibles - she will ride around town with me in the evening and she went to the slingshot event in Fallbrook last year riding there in the slingshot and has said she would also go the Vegas event if I wanted, but it isnt really something she loves like I do - - I actually bought a mean sling sport top just so I could get her to Falbrook - other than that trip the top hangs in my garage (I like it topless)

• And you KNOW it didn't happen unless we get pics....so better get out there to get some.

does video count/

• [quote='Edward Neal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9172-roadie-pictures-in-search-of-the-perfect-road/&postID=308691#post308691']

😂 and did she?❤ Wasn't me, or anyone here. I'm the only silver one, but with black

My Sara hates the sun and doesn't really like convertibles - she will ride around town with me in the evening and she went to the slingshot event in Fallbrook last year riding there in the slingshot and has said she would also go the Vegas event if I wanted, but it isnt really something she loves like I do - - I actually bought a mean sling sport top just so I could get her to Falbrook - other than that trip the top hangs in my garage (I like it topless)

[/quote]

😂. I always go topless...jus sayin🤷
    I bought mine Oct '17. Took it up to WA myself in '18. Just passed 20k my last outing a few weeks ago. Right when they came out I knew I'd own one. It's the love of my life