Roadie pictures - in search of the perfect road.

• We all have our roads - that one picture that we look at and think we can't wait to ride this one again (and again and again).

Post up your spots and make us all dream of getting to your neck of the woods to experience what's around the next bend....

The below are from Zion National Park and Valley of Fire National Park

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My wife and I were saying while on the Zion ride that most roads are just fine in a car and fun but Zion is a whole different experience in an “open cabin” like the SS. The sensation is like no other because so much is above you, around you. 😎

• My wife and I were saying while on the Zion ride that most roads are just fine in a car and fun but Zion is a whole different experience in an “open cabin” like the SS. The sensation is like no other because so much is above you, around you. 😎

And of course, you climbed to Angel's Landing, right? 😉

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• [quote='SoCal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9172-roadie-pictures-in-search-of-the-perfect-road/&postID=308569#post308569']

And of course, you climbed to Angel's Landing, right? 😉

yaaaaa would have been all over it .... but it was “closed”!

[/quote]

😂

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• You know SoCal , I really don’t understand how you can like the drive, with all that traffic. I know it’s tough but somebody has to do it. So you please continue to ride and keep sending us those gorgeous pics. Thanks again for sharing.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Its kind of funny - I do have my road that I like to ride its right here in my own back yard so to speak. I love doing the loop from my home up highway 74 through mountain center and then Idyllwild and then back down 243 and around back home - - its not a horribly long ride, but it takes me from down here on the desert floor up into the mountains to around 6,000 feet and some great fresh air and scenery - its a really fun road to drive and sometimes I head out early and stop at the Mile High Cafe for a great breakfast

I would love to share pictures, but I never have actually stopped to take any - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• There are some beautiful highways scattered through Cochise County that my wife and I have travelled, but much the same as Edward Neal , we've not taken many photos. Sometimes, you come around that bend in the road and you're in awe at the majestic view of a carved canyon wall or mountain top in front of you, but it only lasts for a few seconds and there's no room on the shoulder to safely pull over and grab a pic. I think the next mod I buy for my Sling will be a GoPro... lol 😉

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• The 'Going to the Sun' road in Glacier National Park, Montana.

It was a cloudy day going in and all the way to the top. Once we crested and started down the other side, we were treated with this. I plan to make this trip again one day.

Of course what made this day special for me was meeting these 3 yahoos the night before. KayTwo /South Carolina, exharleyrider / Minnesoda, Ross /Wisconsin and myself/Washington. Probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to ride with this group. Or not.

Fueling up at oh-dark-thirty.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That's a beautiful road SlingLow and want to do it again with my sling.

Was half planning on it this year, was going to try and attend the Canadian event and get out of Texas in the heat of July.

Maybe next year...

I've been to Slingfest the last 2 years and it was on the radar this year although I had a serious scheduling conflict that I apparently don't have to resolve.

Tell you what wokka , and everyone else who is interested, if you decide to make this a plan, let's get a road trip planned to pick up all the interested riders along the way and make a road trip through Glacier and on up to Sundre. It will be EPIC!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• There are some beautiful highways scattered through Cochise County that my wife and I have travelled, but much the same as Edward Neal , we've not taken many photos. Sometimes, you come around that bend in the road and you're in awe at the majestic view of a carved canyon wall or mountain top in front of you, but it only lasts for a few seconds and there's no room on the shoulder to safely pull over and grab a pic. I think the next mod I buy for my Sling will be a GoPro... lol 😉

I have found that in life no one wants their picture taken but ALL want to see them.

No one wants to stop while on a ride but the memories are so worth sharing if it plants a seed for someone else to experience the same. That's why I want to see others rides.

I pull over now and Paula says "do I have to get out?" She understands the slingy picture thing and just goes with it now. Sometimes I have to go looking for her because SHE is always looking for the hiking trail. When I die they will look in my phone and say " I think he had kids but not sure ( sorry to say ).... I KNOW he had a SS"!

We are in search for the perfect cooler now as we get Subway and sodas and snacks and just go and go and go. We're addicted to the ride 8)

• Heck, Photography has been my hobby for most of my life and back in the early 70's I even shot for a magazine, but despite this I just dont seem to be able to stop and take picture when I am on a great road - usually just having too damn much fun driving - I do have GoPro videos of some of my rides, but those dont require stopping - fact is the only picture I can find on my favorite little loop ride where I actually stopped just to take a picture was a cell phone snap I took of Lake Fulmor - funny thing is you could drive right past it and not even know it is there which I had done many times before

i-n8QSL42-XL.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That's a great shot. I'm very much an amateur photographer, but I look like I know what I'm doing when I hold my professional rig. Carry a big camera on a hiking trail, and everyone assumes you know what you are doing, and will ask questions and ask you to take their picture for them...

Here is one of my favorites:

Forum wouldn't let me upload the full rez, too big.