What's your favorite vice?

• Yeah... not THAT kind of vice, the bench top clamping sort of vice.

This is a tool I need occasionally, but there's really no substitute when you need it. I asked a wood working pal about this, he suggested I throw this question out to the forum.

I figured since most of us have really strong opinions about almost everything else, y'all probably had strong feelings about your vices as well.

FYI: The one I'm looking at is below.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I only have one, and and have not used a bunch of others so I cant really say I have a favorite. Having said that about a year ago I got a DeWalt 4.5 inch heavy duty bench vice - I do not need some huge vice, just something that will hold things when I work on them - so far I am very pleased with the DeWalt - It was only about $60 and I trust the name - I also bought a set of magnetic nylon jaws that I love for holding things without marking them all up

i-cDh6pk5-X2.jpg

i-W2wfRpB-X2.jpg

I dont have a big shop, just a small work bench in my garage, and I probably dont have equipment to maintain like you might, as such this might be to small for your needs, but DeWalt does make larger vices so you might want to check them out - also when I was looking the Yost's seemed to get very good reviews so I am sure the one you posted will be just fine just so long as it is big enough for your needs

As to the other kind of Vices, I quit smoking in 2/1995, quit drinking in 7/2018, stopped chasing women in 1997 when I found my perfect match - - as such any advice I could give on that type of vice is probably a bit outdated - - - - Does Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream count????

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• SlingLow you are doing something wrong..... I don’t see one tomato on your plants.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• A big 200+ pound Yost -- I use it to press bearing races into an old Harley transmission. It's big enough that I can put the whole trans in it to gently press them in. It would also come in handy if I had to disassemble/reassemble and align 3-piece Harley flywheels. So far, I haven't had to disassemble a Harley engine to that extent . Yet. Great tapered ball ends on the handle. No worry about pinched fingers.

• A big 200+ pound Yost -- I use it to press bearing races into an old Harley transmission. It's big enough that I can put the whole trans in it to gently press them in. It would also come in handy if I had to disassemble/reassemble and align 3-piece Harley flywheels. So far, I haven't had to disassemble a Harley engine to that extent . Yet. Great tapered ball ends on the handle. No worry about pinched fingers.

dang, thats a big vice - bench top looks lacking in comparison

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies