HAS ANYONE PULLED THE RIDE COMMAND UNIT FROM A 2020 YET ?

• I am in the process of installing my F4+5 on my 2020R and need to install the center brace. On the earlier models you could just pull the radio and get to it.

So my question is how do you pull the ride command out? As it is now it looks like you have to pull the top of the entire dash out to get behind the head unit. That doesn't sound right even considering we are dealing with Polaris. Thanks

Jamesgn

• If you figure it out... please let us know.. I would like to install my Madstad, but they told me it would need new mounting hardware... So I am waiting to take it apart.

Bad news for both of us. The mounting bubbles on the Madstad have two mounting bolts near the center of the dash that mount to the dash. That will require a new method of attaching it to the dash on a 2020. I am looking for my instructions on our Madstad but when I went and looked at the windshield on our 17 SS it is not going to mount on the 2020 with the same method. So we will have to wait for the new and improved mounting for the 2020.

The other problem is you will have to remove the entire top dash to mount the center brace. That means everything from mirror to mirror.

I will keep you posted

Jamesgn

• I am in the process of installing my F4+5 on my 2020R and need to install the center brace. On the earlier models you could just pull the radio and get to it.

So my question is how do you pull the ride command out? As it is now it looks like you have to pull the top of the entire dash out to get behind the head unit. That doesn't sound right even considering we are dealing with Polaris. Thanks

Jamesgn

Found a picture of what we were talking about...

• Have you tried reaching into the dash tunnel from the engine compartment?

Just curious?

Have reached into that area many times with the 2016.

Talked to jamesgn on the phone the other day. Apparently Polaris added some 'stuff' (2020) under there some you CAN'T get in anymore. I've helped change out the brace reaching in several different Slingshots.

• Anyone have a picture of the 2020 Ride Command amp? They don't list it on the RideCommand drawing on Polaris web site. Just found it odd. Looks like the connector is the same in the wiring diagram as the older model.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• UPDATE-- Madstad doesn't have a 2020 yet to even look at. So we will both have to wait to get one installed.

I have a new F4+5 that I am going to put on until then.

The entire top dash does have to be removed to install the center brace with a bottom plate. I will start on that today and take pictures as I get it done. I will post it in the DIY section later.

Jamesgn

• Get the Baker 'Air Wings' NOW...

• Does that mean to just pull the Ride Command one has to take apart the whole dash?? Just Curious.. I may get the Polaris 9.5 windshield... Can't imagine it is much more difficult than the 7.5 that cam with the Sling.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Does that mean to just pull the Ride Command one has to take apart the whole dash?? Just Curious.. I may get the Polaris 9.5 windshield... Can't imagine it is much more difficult than the 7.5 that cam with the Sling.

YES, on the 2020 if you want to pull the ride command unit out or need to install a center brace for any windshields that requires one and needs a plate on the underside of the dash YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE ENTIRE TOP OF THE DASH INCLUDING THE MIRRORS.