Old Timers Boxing

• Don’t know if you guys have seen it but Mike Tyson has a training video where he looks pretty awesome at 53. Now I see Evander Holyfield is doing the same. Floyd Mayweather will get back in ring for 600 million against Conner Macgregor. Is anybody interested in seeing any of these guys fight again?? Tyson was exciting to watch when he first gained the title with his awesome punching power but he flamed out after Cus Diamato passed away. Seems like since the glory days of boxing such as “Rumble in the Jungle” & “Thriller in Manila” boxing has been in decline. I bought into the hype and spent $100 pay per view for the Mayweather/Paquio fight cause I despise Mayweather and was supremely disappointed to see that performance. With the advent of UFC fighting and popularity is boxing just a dead or dying sport?? To be honest I had to look it up to see who the heavyweight champ was - Ali was probably more we’ll known than the President - how many of you knew who the champ was without looking it up — DONT cheat :00008172:Thoughts anyone - BORED 😑

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• As a fighter who never full recovered from my last brain injury, I hate to see the accumulation of self ignored brain damage.

Aside from that, I'm still a fighter at heart and enjoy seeing a good comeback...

There is some luck to Mayweather not loosing a single fight in the Pros, time to hangup those gloves and keep the flawless record.

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• Tyson and Ali, both 25 years old.

THAT would be a fight to see.

That’s for sure - if Ali could have used his speed to stay away he would win. If Tyson hit Ali - I don’t know - he hits harder than Frazier IMO but Ali could take a punch. It would certainly would have been the battle of the century!!

• openair

It would be more of an even fight, because Tyson was better at 21 years old.

Tyson fell off the deep end after Cus passed (god rest his soul).

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• That’s for sure - if Ali could have used his speed to stay away he would win. If Tyson hit Ali - I don’t know - he hits harder than Frazier IMO but Ali could take a punch. It would certainly would have been the battle of the century!!

In his best years Tyson's uppercut was deadly, the way heads were snapped back I am surprised he didnt kill anyone - - even at his best not sure Ali or any other boxer could have survived it - - - unfortunately for reasons I never understood Tyson seemed to stop using it effectively after Cus passed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I only had one boxing match in my younger days. i retired with a perfect knock-out record. in fact, they tell me i was knocked out for almost an hour before waking up.

Truthfully, that's once sport that is fun to watch, but you couldn't pay me enough to try

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The one boxing match up I would have loved to have seen if they were both in their prime would have been Muhammad Ali and Teofilo Stevenson. With both being very skilled boxers, and both being near in size with a similar reach it could have been a heck of a fight

unfortunately at about 10 years age difference it never would have happened not to mention the fact that Stevenson being Cuban never turned pro

to me the big question would have been Stevenson's ability to go the distance that being pro would have required

the greatest fight that never was

• I not sure he is the only pro boxer to do this, but for me, Tyson is the only one I have ever seen knock another boxer out with one shot —- to the body!!! Hit him so hard he knocked the breath out of the guy almost making him quit breathing. If Cus had lived to control him he probably would have without a doubt been the greatest boxer of all time IMO.

• I not sure he is the only pro boxer to do this, but for me, Tyson is the only one I have ever seen knock another boxer out with one shot —- to the body!!! Hit him so hard he knocked the breath out of the guy almost making him quit breathing. If Cus had lived to control him he probably would have without a doubt been the greatest boxer of all time IMO.

hard to say - Ali stood the test of time, boxed some of the hardest hitters of his time and never got knocked out until the very end of his career and way past his prime - - heck some would say with the loss of the boxing licenses due to his refusing the draft that he didnt even get to fight in what should have been his best years - - Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, Joe Frazier, Sonny Liston - - Ali took everything these guys had without going down and I would venture to say that all of then are better than just about any of the fighters Tyson had to face - - - - I think it is easy to forget just how deep the ranks of great heavyweight fighters was back in the time of Ali - - - really hasnt been even close in a very long time

• hard to say - Ali stood the test of time, boxed some of the hardest hitters of his time and never got knocked out until the very end of his career and way past his prime - - heck some would say with the loss of the boxing licenses due to his refusing the draft that he didnt even get to fight in what should have been his best years - - Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, Joe Frazier, Sonny Liston - - Ali took everything these guys had without going down and I would venture to say that all of then are better than just about any of the fighters Tyson had to face - - - - I think it is easy to forget just how deep the ranks of great heavyweight fighters was back in the time of Ali - - - really hasnt been even close in a very long time

You are right about Ali - as for incredible boxing skills, foot movement and speed, plus the ability to take a punch - for a heavyweight - he probably could not have been beat on his best day. My Dad probably prejudiced me against him when he refused to be drafted and thus despised him. Tyson on the other hand punched even harder than Marciano - one of the greatest punchers of all time. With guys with that much natural talent it would certainly come down to one thing - heart!! It sure would have even been more epic than any Ali - Frazier fights IMO.

• My first memory of watching boxing or even caring about it was when I was a kid and Sonny Liston was going to fight this punk big mouth dude named Cassius Clay - - bet my father my entire allowance that Sonny would kick the big mouths butt after all he was 35-1 with 24 KO's That uppity punk was a 7 to 1 underdog it was a sure thing!

We all know how that ended up 8|

• Marvin Hagler, a bull, never backtracked. Best fighter of all time. His biggest mistake agreeing to a larger ring that suited Leonard, a much better technical fighter. Wow, what an incredible fight that was.

My opinion Pay Per View slowly diminished boxing. What was originally open to the public on a mass level was taken away to only the hard-core fans. Mike Tyson, incredible! Bad management?

• That Hagler/Hearns fight was something to watch! I think Don King killed the sport by picking his champions and this type of fight, from the heart and for the win, became a thing of the past.

There are so many worth mentioning but there was only one Greatest Of All Time!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)