It has been a year

• This morning as I am out on the porch enjoying the cool morning air and my quite time with my coffee, I realized that one year ago today I had my first chemo treatment. It has been an up and down emotional roller coaster for sure. Not just for me by any means as family and friends have been with me every step. I have been on some strong treatments as much as I could stand. Been hospitalized for pneumonia and pseudomonas and became septic. Found out my tumors were dormant and was just placed on immunotherapy. The next scan showed the tumors had started growing again so I am back on a new chemo plan and in another month I will get rescanned to see what this round of poison does.

I am quite anxious to see what this coming year will be but I want to thank all of my family and friends for the support and prayers. Love you all! 8)

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Rob, wishing you the best going forward seems like we are all being tested one way or another by a higher power. You are a tough SOB and my money is on you beating this thing. Next year at the same time you will be looking back at a bump in the road. Hang in there my friend we are all praying for you!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Rob, keep fighting the good fight! When I had a stroke, I took inspiration from WraithSS 's tag line: When life knocks you down, get back up and say, 'You hit like a bitch'! It pains me to hear you have another round of treatment but you can't give up. Yours is a hand I plan to shake one day. Peace and love my friend!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Yours is a hand I plan to shake one day. Peace and love my friend!

No line jumping! I tried to catch up to Rob and John last year in Maggie valley but my timing was off. Renewed and doubled effort for this year! Just hoping to meet halfway cause it's a long way to the swamp from here. Keep up the fight Rob and know we're all with you .

• Every time we go for a ride, I punch the Sling once for each one we have lost. I'll give it an extra punch for you when we go out today. When I see three numbers on the MPH readout, that one's for you.

• Been keeping you in our prayers Rob! Today Patti will be done with 20% of her radiation treatment. Never thought we would be excited about something like th

Darrell how is Miss Patti coping the radiation? I have not had that done to me yet. I also get excited about the next treatments so we can move past this part and hopefully not needing anymore.

Y'all are in our prayers and when these days get behind us maybe we can meet up and go slinging.

Hang in there Patti!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Darrell how is Miss Patti coping the radiation? I have not had that done to me yet. I also get excited about the next treatments so we can move past this part and hopefully not needing anymore.

Y'all are in our prayers and when these days get behind us maybe we can meet up and go slinging.

Hang in there Patti!

She is doing well Bro. She has finished the first week and only four more weeks to go. She says it is feeling like she got sunburned under her arm where they are zapping the area where the lymph nodes were removed. Also, she is ecstatic that she didn’t have to do chemo. She had picked out wigs and now she won’t need to buy them!

• Love the shirt. I am glad that y’all didn’t have to do the chemo. This one I am on now has not made my hair fall out. But after the treatment it feels like my bones are trying to climb out of my body.
    Has the oncologist talked about taking an immunotherapy? I was on that also it is supposed to make your body fight the cancer cells. I was on Keytruda and it wasn’t all that bad for side effects.
    praying for you Miss Patti <3

~Mark Twain~

• She is doing well Bro. She has finished the first week and only four more weeks to go. She says it is feeling like she got sunburned under her arm where they are zapping the area where the lymph nodes were removed. Also, she is ecstatic that she didn’t have to do chemo. She had picked out wigs and now she won’t need to buy them!

Georgia found her problem very early .... and did not have to do any 'chemo' Patti sending prayers your way.

• Prayers your way. Continue to enjoy life and look forward to the great possibilities tomorrow will bring. Always think today for something fun to accomplish tomorrow. My wife is 15 years cancer free! Same to you!