Anybody headed to Tellico or Deals Gap this weekend.

• I am really wanting to.head up that way early in the morning. If I go I will probably stay in Etowah TN at the redroof inn. I just dont want to go up there by myself. If someone is going to be up there this weekend post back here and let me know.

I may go.anyway just to get some tuning time in. I havent adjusted my transmission for the twisties . Its still setup to lock the torque converter in as fast as possible for speed.

But anyway.... post back tonight if your headed that way.

• rabtech , Graham Co, NC had closed off their county to all non residents for the virus. Skyway closed in NC as well as end of Dragon and Hwy 28. All in Graham Co. Have not seen if they have opened up yet? TN (almost all) of Dragon open. Might want to see what is opened before you come..

• Thanks for the up dates I hope by the time I head that way in June it will be open as I have to bid on my furlough a year ahead of time and not allowed to change them.

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• I am planning on going to NC mountains for a couple days of riding in the next couple of weeks. Was planning on staying in Maggie Valley for a couple of days. Does anyone know if the parkway and Maggie are open? (Lodging and restaurants) I also heard that a helmet is not required in NC for the Slingshot any longer. Is this true or just a rumor?

• I am planning on going to NC mountains for a couple days of riding in the next couple of weeks. Was planning on staying in Maggie Valley for a couple of days. Does anyone know if the parkway and Maggie are open? (Lodging and restaurants) I also heard that a helmet is not required in NC for the Slingshot any longer. Is this true or just a rumor?

Give me a shout out to when you want to go and I will meet you there

• I going to give it at least another week

That’s what I was thinking, about one more week. I was planning on going to Maggie Valley on May 26 and hang out for a couple days. I am going to call the motel I stayed at last year and see if they are open and find out from them about the restaurant situation in Maggie. I will let you know what I find out.

• That’s what I was thinking, about one more week. I was planning on going to Maggie Valley on May 26 and hang out for a couple days. I am going to call the motel I stayed at last year and see if they are open and find out from them about the restaurant situation in Maggie. I will let you know what I find out.

Sounds good to me. Let me know something.

Here is NC House Bill 211 that has been signed by the governor: (NO HELMET REQUIRED AS ALL SS HAVE ROLL BARS)

theAUTOCYCLE HELMET EXCEPTION
    10 SECTION 6.(a) G.S. 20-140.4(a)(2) reads as rewritten:
    11 "(a) No person shall operate a motorcycle or moped upon a highway or public vehicular
    12 area:
    13 …
    14 (2) Unless the operator and all passengers thereon wear on their heads, with a
    15 retention strap properly secured, safety helmets of a type that complies with
    16 Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 218. This subdivision shall
    17 not apply to an operator of, or any passengers within, an autocycle that has
    18 completely enclosed seating.seating or is equipped with a roll bar or roll cage."
    19 SECTION 6.(b) This section is effective October 1, 2019. Prosecutions for offenses
    20 committed before the effective date of this section are not abated or affected by this section, and
    21 the statutes that would be applicable but for this section remain applicable to those prosecutions

• Never mind the laws, simply take a string and tie it to the top of the roll bar, now attach the other end to the highest point on the hood, not the top of the windscreen for it is not structural, to the top of the hood. Now sit in your Slingshot and check out how close that string comes to the top of your head, (I raise the string up with my head.) I would think that for anybody with any common sense at all.................................

Bill

• Sorry gents. My wifes Aunt and Uncle live up there and they said it's still shutdown.

rabtech head up to Helen / Blood Mountain and I will meet you up there this weekend. Not as good as the Dragon, but not that far off either.

Slopoke long time no see or hear from...This is Shane the guy you met at DDM last summer.Me and Dalton are thinking of heading that way tomorrow if you can join us.I will check in later this afternoon and give you our plans if your interested.