Looking what parts are needed for DIY OIL COOLER

• I'm in Florida and just installed a DDM Stage 1 Turbo- I'm not in a position to purchase DDM's oil cooler @$800+.

So can somebody give me directions,pics,parts needed to do this project a little more economic?

Thanks in Advance

Fred

DDM sells the adapter that screws in in place of the stock oil filter that would allow you to connect the hoses, oil cooler and filter mount to relocate a new filter - http://www.ddmworks.com/Ecotec…er-by-DDMWorks_p_543.html

you could probably get the other parts other places, but DDM has them as will as a complete kit - oil cooler kit

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• DDM sells the adapter that screws in in place of the stock oil filter that would allow you to connect the hoses, oil cooler and filter mount to relocate a new filter - http://www.ddmworks.com/Ecotec…er-by-DDMWorks_p_543.html

you could probably get the other parts other places, but DDM has them as will as a complete kit - oil cooler kit

I looked at that oil filter relocation and cooler kit and, albeit, I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, but shouldn't the oil cooler be mounted somewhere on the front of the Sling and not on the side of the engine?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I've seen full sail pirate ships with lower drag coefficients than a slingshot. With this kind of turbulence, not sure you could find a bad place to put it... LOL

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• I've seen full sail pirate ships with lower drag coefficients than a slingshot. With this kind of turbulence, not sure you could find a bad place to put it... LOL

You're probably correct... lol I just thought it was rather strange that the oil coolers on a few select motorcycles that I've owned were always mounted up front so as to allow fresh air to actually flow through them and cool the oil.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I built this kit a few years back utilizing the DDMWorks filter adapter, a Mishimoto cooler that is larger than the DDM unit, and customized brackets to bolt everything up. I'd have to do some serious searching to find what all I ordered as it has been a long time.

With the amount of time spent making the hoses and customizing the brackets, then powder coating them, I would have been better off buying the DDM kit. But, I like having one off parts. :thumbsup:

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?