The party is in the UK today

• Happy birthday UK_Paul ! Here are some UK guidelines I found on the interweb. Sound about right?

I think I’ve worked it out...

* 4 year olds can go to school, but university students who have paid for the tuition they haven’t had and the accommodation they aren’t living in, can’t go to university.

* A teacher can go to school with many 4 year olds that they are not related to, but can’t see one 4 year old that they are related to.

* You can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

* You can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe, but not two people so if you know two people from another household you have to pick your favourite. Hopefully, you’re also their favourite person from your household or this could be awkward. But possibly you’re not. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one you choose anyway you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict your eyeline too much and prevent you from being alert.

* You can work all day with your colleagues, but you can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

* You can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day feels like you are some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

* You can drive to other destinations, although which destinations is unclear.

* The buses are still running past your house, but you shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more, so we don’t have to stay at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

Don’t forget...

Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dog and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.

So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Happy birthday UK_Paul ! Here are some UK guidelines I found on the interweb. Sound about right?

I had to post this.

That made me laugh, as it was typical British irony.

However virtually all of it was wrong. Please don't believe that there is any fact behind it, kids aren't back at school, hardly any busses run, most trains have stopped.

Yet today, they are allowing a few shops to open (because it's my birthday, I think). Garden centres & DIY stores, may open, with strict distancing rules, other shops will follow. People may return to work, if they can not work, from home, but again must only do it, if they must & maintain social distancing.

Most of us, expect our "R" (contagion rate) to increase again & it all start over.

Keep well.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• A very big thanks, to you all, for my birthday wishes.

I'm having a relaxing day, stopping inside, (so what's new?). All that I've been dooing is constructing a NAS (Network Access System).

Just a boring old box of PC bits...

All I now have to do, is load an operating system and figure out how to set it up, as I have no experience of this, whatsoever. So I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks, once again, for all the good wishes.

I'll be lifting a glass to all my great friends, in Slingshotinfo-land, this evening.

UK-Paul.

All the best, from UK_Paul