How is this original piece attached?

• Have to attach this to my new dash (picture shows the backside). I recall when I took this piece off my old dash it was horrible to get it off, so I assume it was somehow glued.

I don't think double stick tape will work well for this piece. What do you recommend?

• I recently removed mine and used Duro All-Purpose Spray Adhesive to reattach it. (I thought they came with double-stick adhesive already in place, but I guess not.) The Dura Spray Adhesive is removable/repositionable if only applied to one piece. Application to both pieces works like contact cement and is a one-shot deal and isn't very forgiving. I taped off the dash panel to keep the spray adhesive where I wanted it and removed that tape after I had everything together. To ensure proper positioning, I used some of the switch blanks to carefully line-up the face piece before allowing contact. I then used some spring clamps and some plastic strips I had lying around to evenly place pressure around the face-plate and let it sit overnight.

The adhesive on the back ot the face-plate after I removed it seemed similar to double=sided tape and I located some on Amazon and EBay, but I didn't want to wait so I used the Duro Spray Adhesive. I'm sure 3M or similar adhesive would also work well. Just follow the directions and be careful to line everything up before allowing the adhesive to make contact between the two pieces. Good Luck!