what coolant to run

• Haven't ever changed my coolant.

At what milage / age should radiator be flushed & coolant replaced?

Also wondering at what age OEM coolant tanks tend to fail... do I replace it now or can I wait for a sale from DDM Works?

(Asking for a friend...) ;-)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I ordered a replacement DDM Works coolant tank back in Spring 2017 before I installed my turbo. During the turbo install process, I lost the bolt holding the driver side of the tank to the mount and I've since put 20,000+ more miles on the OEM tank with just one bolt securing it. One of these days I plan on replacing the plastic tank with the aluminum unit.

From my 2015 Owner's manual - Replace Coolant at 100K miles. Inspect Radiator at 150K miles. Inspect Hoses and replace as necessary every 5,000 miles.

• Also wondering at what age OEM coolant tanks tend to fail... do I replace it now or can I wait for a sale from DDM Works?

I believe that heat, more than age, is the primary issue concerning coolant tank failure. Failure was common on the initial 2015 and 2016 models where the entire exhaust was wide open with the coolant tank right there in close proximity. Then beginning with the 2016.5 shields were being installed over the exhaust system and coolant tank failure rate appeared to have dropped significantly. After installing the shields on our 2015 we would not have even changed out our OEM coolant tank with an aftermarket aluminum tank, except I picked up a brand new tank that somebody had decided not to use at a significant reduction in cost, (less than the cost of a replacement OEM.)

Bill

• I believe that heat, more than age, is the primary issue concerning coolant tank failure. Failure was common on the initial 2015 and 2016 models where the entire exhaust was wide open with the coolant tank right there in close proximity. Then beginning with the 2016.5 shields were being installed over the exhaust system and coolant tank failure rate appeared to have dropped significantly. After installing the shields on our 2015 we would not have even changed out our OEM coolant tank with an aftermarket aluminum tank, except I picked up a brand new tank that somebody had decided not to use at a significant reduction in cost, (less than the cost of a replacement OEM.)

Bill

This has been my experience as well, both my slings have their original tank and so far zero issues, stock exhaust was removed on both right away( one at 300 miles and the other under 1000)

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.