Wheel Paint

• I'm wanting to do a little touch up on an SLR rim and wondering if anyone has found a rattle can that is a close match for color and sheen. I've tried searching but couldn't find the answer. I did see that Funinthesun asked a similar question about 15wheels, don't know if he found a match or not. Perhaps the all knowing Painter could chime in. Anyone? Any help is appreciated

• I'd thought about finding some spray paint to match my Base 2015 wheels, but after I bought a set of painted wheels (the previous owner had paid someone to paint them) they lost paint just rubbing against the trailer bed during the ride home. As a result, I've been thinking about using a local powder-coater.

I never found a match locally, but repainting all 3 wheels would still be cheaper than powder=coating them.

• I'd thought about finding some spray paint to match my Base 2015 wheels, but after I bought a set of painted wheels (the previous owner had paid someone to paint them) they lost paint just rubbing against the trailer bed during the ride home. As a result, I've been thinking about using a local powder-coater.

I never found a match locally, but repainting all 3 wheels would still be cheaper than powder=coating them.

since the brake fluid just ruined my back wheel .....is the factory black....paint or powder coating? If it’s paint it looks like semi gloss Rattle can black......

• I'm wanting to do a little touch up on an SLR rim and wondering if anyone has found a rattle can that is a close match for color and sheen. I've tried searching but couldn't find the answer. I did see that Funinthesun asked a similar question about 15wheels, don't know if he found a match or not. Perhaps the all knowing Painter could chime in. Anyone? Any help is appreciated

If all you're doing is touching up rock chips or small scratches, use M-NU Emblem Refinisher. It's what Soldiers use to touch up the brass buttons on their field gear and it works great!

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• If all you're doing is touching up rock chips or small scratches, use M-NU Emblem Refinisher. It's what Soldiers use to touch up the brass buttons on their field gear and it works great!

Needing to touch up a wheel repair. At least it's on the back side but still hope to get a good match

• If all you're doing is touching up rock chips or small scratches, use M-NU Emblem Refinisher. It's what Soldiers use to touch up the brass buttons on their field gear and it works great!

For the black I just use satin black spray paint. Spray a little in the paint can cap and use a tooth pick that has been cut off and crushed on one end or a small art paint brush.

• Needing to touch up a wheel repair. At least it's on the back side but still hope to get a good match

Sure, M-NU is flat black, like the wheels on my SLR and is more durable than finger nail polish. I can hardly tell where the rock chip was.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• For the black I just use satin black spray paint. Spray a little in the paint can cap and use a tooth pick that has been cut off and crushed on one end or a small art paint brush.

Bigger spot than that. Was hoping someone had a brand that was close