Velocity Street Seats vs Velocity Street Sport Seats

• I have a 2017 SL with Velocity Street seats. So these are the 2nd generation OEM seats. I am looking at possibly replacing them with the Velocity Street Sport Seats (I believe the SLR equivalent seats). I have searched the forum and have seen comparisons of the Street Sport Seats to the old version of the velocity seats, i.e. the 1st generation of the OEM seats. Has anyone converted from the 2nd gen street seats to the velocity street sport seats? Wondering on the following:

- do the street sport seats raise you up at all?

- do they add or decrease space to the steering wheel?

- comfort relative to the existing street seats?

- other differences you have noticed?

• I used to own a Velocity...Here's a pic of the plane and seats:)

Seriously though, the Velocity sport seats for the Sling look pretty thin on the bottom cushioning. Answering your questions IMO they would lower you, give you more room and be less comfy.

Funny, I never knew planes had a gas and brake pedal in them... lol

I'm just kidding! I know what they are! :00008172:

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

Seriously though, the Velocity sport seats for the Sling look pretty thin on the bottom cushioning. Answering your questions IMO they would lower you, give you more room and be less comfy.

I know Roadhawg was being funny, but where is the throttle on this thing? I've only flown small single engine stuff, 152, 172 mostly, a few pipers.

Also, is it odd for a right handed person to fly right seat on this? Or for that matter, the opposite?

Either way, looks like a fun plane.

I spent many, MANY hours drooling over the plans and photos of these. Owning one was high on my bucket list in the late 90s, but life got in the way.

In regards to the velocity seats. The sport seat was a little to narrow for my butt.

• Sorry I hijacked the thread, but I did answer the questions...Also, throttle quadrant is on the left armrest just out of pic. Not hard to fly from right side as most righties are used to working yoke with left hand, unfortunately there was no throttle/mixture on right side.

• Now that we have had our plane discussion has anyone actually sat in the Gen 2 Velocity Street vs the Velocity Street Sport seats? Since the Street Sport seats are the same as those in the SLR does any one with an SLR have any thoughts on comfort etc?

• I have the Velocity Sport and I believe BryanL has the Velocity Street. We swapped rigs on a ride and I don't remember them being different. I think the street might my a little more accommodating in the width department. I really like the Sport for comfort over stock. I've been on a couple 2,000+ mile rides to Canadia without discomfort or complaint. Of course I was on a 2,000+ mile ride to Canadia so there's that! The side bolsters are nice for feeling secure in the twisties. For reference I am 5'5", 160 lbs, so I'm what you'd call 'compact'.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I can't compare the earlier velocity seats with the newer versions, but I replaced my 2015 Base model seats with 2018 SLR LE Lime Green seats which seat me a little higher and now expose me to a little more wind.

Here's a pic showing the two styles of seats side-by-side -