Question for older folks

• We have a woman who works 2 days a week in our office who still has a Betamax in her living room and still uses it to record "her shows" every single night - - I even helped her find some blank tapes on Amazon some time back - - - yea you can actually still find them :thumbsup:

and yes she is older, turned 80 last December

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Lite Brite

Image result for pic of lite brite

Etch-A-Sketch

Image result for pic of etch-a-sketch

Slinky.

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

There were a few cool tricks you could do with a slinky like walking it down the stairs but they got boring quickly and you would always stretch it out as far as you could between two kids and let go at the same time. The tangles were epic. Average Slinky life = 15 minutes.

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

Yard Darts or Jarts. Yep, our parents gave us weapons of moderate destruction.

Image result for pic of yard darts

Never got in trouble with these.

Image result for pic of yard darts

GI Joe

And my personal favorite store-bought toy when I was a boy, the Johnny Seven Gun!

Image result for pic of johnny seven gun

A plastic toy with multiple eye-putting-out projectiles. Even the trigger mechanism disengages to become a pistol that fire plastic cartridges. Imagine taking this to elementary school show and tell.

Image result for pic of johnny seven gun

Now that I think about it, this explains a lot about me.

Johnny Seven!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• And your still playing with the same kind of stuff

• little green army men - me and all my friends would spend hours setting up battle fields and then blow the entire thing up bombing it with rocks and dirt clods and as we got older perhaps a firecracker or 2.

26629-sp-e1364423887880.jpg

I remember later when the younger kids started playing with the first G.I. Joe's - me and my friends just didnt get it - - G.I Joe's were fricken dolls - basically a ken doll dressed up to look like a soldier - - - Boys didnt play with dolls - - had to be something wrong with those kids - mama's boys maybe

as a funny side I actually have a little green dude sitting on a shelf in my office at work - not even sure where I stumbled across it, but its still pretty cool 8|

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In 3rd grade, I had my Mother bring in a muzzle-loading rifle that had been in my Dad's family for generations. I also brought in the empty powder-horn,but wasn't allowed to bring in any percussion caps. I showed the kids how it was loaded and fired. Good thing I didn't have any powder or caps, because a few years later my Dad took it to a gunsmith to get the trigger repaired (it wouldn't cock) and the gunsmith called him back and said he'd fix it as soon as he got it safely unloaded!=O

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Wow, you all are taking me down memory lane. Didn't see mentioned a party line for the home phone. It was a buck a month cheaper to share a line with others. Hours of entertainment when mom wasn't home. In 1969 McD's burgers and fries were 15 cents each, and we had just started selling a roast beef sandwich on a steamed bun. Dad had an open account at a gas station, Roger just kept the tab open. When Dad died I had to go settle up the account, it was like $14 owed. Drug stores or Woolworths diner counter? Never happened to me, but remember when the cops would just follow the drunk home and make sure he was safe instead of hauling your butt to jail?

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• My Aunt passed last year, we found my brothers whole collection in a box in storage. This is just a part of it.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I remember heating up lead in a pot to make soldiers from a couple of forms we had.

didn't matter if you broke them in play battles, you just put them back in the pot and remelted the lead.

hmmm, breathing lead fumes may explain some my quirks

• I had the real molded lead soldiers

• didn't matter if you broke them in play battles, you just put them back in the pot and remelted the lead.

hmmm, breathing lead fumes may explain some my quirks

I remember playing with mercury in science class and everyone getting a chance to put some in your palm and sticking your fingers into the container of it.

That explains the extra finger i grew that year :00008172:

• Up this way when I was a kid there was street hockey games going on everywhere. There wasnt a street that you couldnt find kids out playing a game of road hockey. I havnt seen a street hockey game in years when we drive around. And the bicycle gangs we had, we terrorized the neighborhoods with our hockey cards cloths pinned to the forks so they hit the spokes and made noise.

• “Boys didnt play with dolls - - had to be something wrong with those kids“

Not so sure I agree with that....

:00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it