Cell Phone Providers

• one thing I should have noted - the t-mobile unlimited 55 plan that we have is now called the "magenta" plan - its changed since we signed up - - $70 for 2 lines, but if you set it up on their auto pay its $60 - - and like I said, thats the final actual price

when we signed up it was the only senior plan - now it looks as if there are three levels one above "magenta plus" and one below "essentials" only real difference I can se between the :"magenta" and the "magenta plus" is faster data and texting when you are out of the country

If you want to pm me you might be able to get $50 from the referral program. I just switch to t-mobile last night.

• Just looked at the google fi - for 2 people on the unlimited plan it’s $60 each that’s twice what my wife and I pay for unlimited on t Mobil 55 and over plan

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Don’t forget t Mobil prices include all the taxes and fees

• Just looked at the google fi - for 2 people on the unlimited plan it’s $60 each that’s twice what my wife and I pay for unlimited on t Mobil 55 and over plan

I said they are the best in coverage, didn't say that they are the cheapest.

I travel a lot for work, I am yet to find a place where my phone doesn't work.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I had to leave T-Mobile it got so bad here that I had to go outside my house to talk on the cell phone. First it got so I could not talk while sitting in my recliner at home but could stand and walk around in the house and talk. We had something like 6 phones on that plan (Business) for 6 or 8 years and were dropping so many calls we had to change over Verison around here.

• I had to leave T-Mobile it got so bad here that I had to go outside my house to talk on the cell phone. First it got so I could not talk while sitting in my recliner at home but could stand and walk around in the house and talk. We had something like 6 phones on that plan (Business) for 6 or 8 years and were dropping so many calls we had to change over Verison around here.

FunCycle I had the same problem when I switched to T-Mobile's senior plan. It would work pretty much everywhere but my house and I was walking outside to make calls and couldn't receive most calls. I would have ditched them immediately but a call to their tech service provided a solution. I'm on Hughes Net (satellite) for internet so their wifi option was not available but they sent me a booster antenna that sits in a garage window and transmits to a receiver inside the house and it works flawlessly now. There was no charge for this.

LargeCar my Elk hunting partner who lives off-grid near Mt. St. Helens has used Consumer Cellular for years. He's a backwoods boy and claims they have the best coverage for remote areas. If you look at the coverage maps, however, you'll see that not all states are equal in coverage. The carriers also blatantly lie about their coverage so research like you're doing is important.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I said they are the best in coverage, didn't say that they are the cheapest.

I travel a lot for work, I am yet to find a place where my phone doesn't work.

I have not had any complaints about coverage with my T-Mobil pretty much the same as it was on At-T and also now that T-Mobil and Sprint have finally merged and access has been opened up the sprint network for T-mobile people I suspect it will get even better - - in the end, as I said above, whatever plan a person chooses they need to be sure it works where they will use it most - great coverage is not worth a dang if the one place that isnt covered is where you need it most

also as a side note - if you are bringing an older phone with you to a new provider be sure it will work on all of their bands - - T-mobil in recent years has been expanding their coverage in huge ways, but it has been doing so on a new bands that many older phones dont have, when we first switched we had old iPhone 6 phones that didnt support the new band so we did not get the new coverage areas - also T-mobile is now expanding on new "wider ranging 600MHz spectrum and most phones older than 2018 will not be able to use that - - when providers show maps they dont always show the fact that some of that coverage areas may be newer cells that only have the newer bands and will require a current phone - so this is another thing to look into before signing up

• I just knew that this was the right place to ask about cell phone providers, a wealth of knowledge from good friends.

Went to a t mobile store and talked to a guy there that just quit at sprint. Seemed to be a pretty straight shooter, no bs kind of guy. He showed me a prepay plan that would come close to our needs, 30 bucks for both plus the tax and fees stuff. Unlimited talk and text plus 2gb data. So much to look at.

LC

• I just knew that this was the right place to ask about cell phone providers, a wealth of knowledge from good friends.

Went to a t mobile store and talked to a guy there that just quit at sprint. Seemed to be a pretty straight shooter, no bs kind of guy. He showed me a prepay plan that would come close to our needs, 30 bucks for both plus the tax and fees stuff. Unlimited talk and text plus 2gb data. So much to look at.

LC

I'm not sure which plan you're looking at but I'm on the $35/line plan with no additional taxes/fees - $70/month total. I keep seeing an ad for a cheaper plan, maybe $5/line less, but when I called and inquired about it, I was told that the lower plan will limit your data speed if you use too much so I decided it wasn't worth the savings.

• Yeah but MY phone can tell me that The Flying Karamazov brothers started performing in 1973 in Santa Cruz, CA. That's good stuff right there!

I do not use all of that stuff. I never even owned a lap top/computer until 2014 when I was piled up in the house trying to recover from the doctor trying to kill me. I only do Amazon,E-Bay and this forum as it is now. Guess what paid the bills for over 40 years, electronics and computers. DAMN I HATE A COMPUTER

• I'm not sure which plan you're looking at but I'm on the $35/line plan with no additional taxes/fees - $70/month total. I keep seeing an ad for a cheaper plan, maybe $5/line less, but when I called and inquired about it, I was told that the lower plan will limit your data speed if you use too much so I decided it wasn't worth the savings.

My wife and I are also on the $35 /line 55 and older plan - like you $70 month - - but because we setup auto pay they knock it down to $60 per month - - - - so if you want to save $120 a year that you can use for slingshot mods you might want to set up auto pay :thumbsup:

as to what he is looking at I read they are now offering limited plans with 2gb data for $15 per month - its a pretty new thing they just started - think it had to do with the Sprint merger

• My wife and I are also on the $35 /line 55 and older plan - like you $70 month - - but because we setup auto pay they knock it down to $60 per month - - - - so if you want to save $120 a year that you can use for slingshot mods you might want to set up auto pay :thumbsup:

as to what he is looking at I read they are now offering limited plans with 2gb data for $15 per month - its a pretty new thing they just started - think it had to do with the Sprint merger

What? My whole life is on auto pay. I'll have to check into that. It could be different by state I guess...

• My wife and I are also on the $35 /line 55 and older plan - like you $70 month - - but because we setup auto pay they knock it down to $60 per month - - - - so if you want to save $120 a year that you can use for slingshot mods you might want to set up auto pay :thumbsup:

I just switched to T-Mobile the other day. The 55+ plan is now $80 ($70 with auto pay). It's still $27 cheaper than my at&t plan with limited data. You may be grandfathered in.

• I just switched to T-Mobile the other day. The 55+ plan is now $80 ($70 with auto pay). It's still $27 cheaper than my at&t plan with limited data. You may be grandfathered in.

I stand corrected - you are right it is now $35 with auto pay - - - - Thanks :thumbsup:

• The saga continues. Decided to port over to T Mobiles prepaid plan for $18 a line. Wrong move. No coverage at all at the house. What they dont tell you is the prepaid plan locks you on the T Mobile towers, which there are none in my area. So they suggest bumping up to the Magenta plan at $35 a line which then gets you Sprint towers and get a T Mobile booster. Booster only works in the house not outside. Still bad service. Tried to call my brother using voice command in the car, which worked fine on Sprint, and got SlingLow no matter what I tried. Now I find that I have been bumped up from $35 a line to $55 a line without my consent. Summary, I am now paying $30 a month more for less service. All this in less than a week. Going into store, online is useless, this am to see if I can drop the entire T Mobile deal and port back to Sprint.

Stay tuned.........

LC

• Well what the hey...... back with Sprint. Could not get old plan back after a whole week of being gone. So in the new plan with the same benefits I'm paying ten bucks more, until my auto pay kicks in. Then I get , you guessed it, ten bucks of for being auto paid. So I'm back in the same kettle. T Mobile just does not have coverage in my area. However, T Mobile told me by the end of summer all Sorint towers will carry their signal. We just could not go that long with no coverage. Maybe in the fall I'll re-visit the change of phone plans. In Medicine Park, Oklahoma at a CMA State Rally.

LC