Look at these pictures of a new OEM 2017 dash please

• This is just two things I have notices in your pics. I am looking for better pics of how it sits on the top of each side.

There isn't much of an inside left. I trimmed my dash and left it up to someone else to put the kit in. To get it to fit, they trimmed those lips down to about nothing. I finished putting the dash on last night, guess I will go out there and take it off and see if it will go inside what's left of them. Thanks for the heads up.

• I know you know all there is to know about slingshots.... just wanted to double check as I am getting conflicting information.

You are saying the switches/radio part of the dash goes BEHIND these lips?

• I know you know all there is to know about slingshots.... just wanted to double check as I am getting conflicting information.

You are saying the switches/radio part of the dash goes BEHIND these lips?

That was how I interpreted what he said also. I suspect it would certainly help hold that face panel at the right angle.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I'm getting a real debate going about this.... about 3/4 of the people I've asked say the swtiches/radio hang-down area of the dash goes in FRONT of these lips... 1/4 say behind. No one seems to know for sure, even the service manual doesn't say. Arg!

• Here is another picture that was posted and it defiantly goes behind.

I've had people today actually take their panel off and send me pictures and theirs is in front (but did they ever take their dash off and then put it on that way?). I'm going with Rabtech and these pictures and putting it behind. not tonight I've had enough for today I'll end up in the looney bin over this stuff!

• I've had people today actually take their panel off and send me pictures and theirs is in front (but did they ever take their dash off and then put it on that way?). I'm going with Rabtech and these pictures and putting it behind. not tonight I've had enough for today I'll end up in the looney bin over this stuff!

Hang in there Peg, you're doing great!

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• No, your switch panel/main dash goes on top of those two ears in your picture. Think of it this way, there are three parts to that part of the dash. That is the lowest portion you have the arrows pointed to. Your main dash sits on top of that and then your painted center console parts (yours are orange) go on as the last part. That is the way all the ones I've worked on. Even ones straight from the dealer.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Pics for proof. Here is my stereo during install to the ears of the dash support. Your main dash lays on top of these dash supports. Then the center console portions go on top of the main dash.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• At this point since I have seen it done both ways, I don't think it's going to matter. I installed the dash the other day on TOP of those lips/support and am going to leave it that way. I'm never taking this apart again, never never never

• IMO, the easiest way to set the dash in place is to just align the front mounting holes where the T40 bolts go and then carefully lower the dash so it sets on top of the instrument panel area, the glove-box and on top of the radio cubby area flanges. The just install the push-pins and the T40 bolts/screws.

• studiopeg I apologize for the incorrect info. I am glad you double checked me. I had to go dig up photos to see for myself that my brain must be foggy.

It sounds like you have it fixed now and it looks good on the picture you posted. The only thing I can tell you is to check the lip on each side of the dash. It will lay on top of each side and hold you up (about the amount you were showing)

But you are correct in the way you have the center part for sure. Here is a pic of mine that I blew up for reference...

• It's all good. I got the dash on and the radio installed. Thanks!