Look at these pictures of a new OEM 2017 dash please

• I once bought a pvc railing for my pool and when I tried to put it together it didn’t fit. How can plastic pvc pipe get that hot in a garage and bend. Don’t know but it did. Maybe your part was subjected to hot weather somewhere in a warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I've bookmarked that in case this doesn't work. But how can I go wrong with a bag of MiracleGrow on it! ;)

As a note, the old part number shows for 2015s and 2016s, with a switch over in 2016......my guess is the switch came with the 2016.5s. Yours is a 2017, so the correct part number per the Polaris tool is 5453137. I would NOT buy the old part, no ideas what changed but yours certainly came with the new dash. the new parts could be simply improved manufacturing, or could be fitment.

If your approach with just sun does not work, a heat gun on low would likely be best. Just be careful not to melt. To be safer, could try it first with a hair dryer to brig temps up from ambient.

• So it's out in the sun now and I hit it with the hair dryer on high for about 10 minutes. Overnight didn't do anything... as soon as I took the weight off the push pins holding in the switch/radio section popped out.

I think it's going to need the heat gun. Later this afternoon I will hit it gently with that. Not sure any of this is going to work, but I sure hope so. I never expected a defective brand new dash and so I put $250 worth of TufSkinz carbon fiber stick ons before installing. Lessons learned... fit first. So I really want to make this work so I am not out the $250.

We will see. Thank you EVERYONE for all the support, advice, and encouragement.

• Yep I have the tape and planned on using it. I just hit it with the heat gun on low for 20 minutes back and forth gently, so nothing melted. When I took the bag of weight off after that, it seemed better. So we will see.

The double-stick foam tape should work, but it will be a PITA if you need to remove the dash cover. That's why I would prefer the push-pins or aluminum strip and screws. If you can get the dash to position itself where you want it, a couple push-pins thru each side should be easy insurance.

I even drilled holes in the rear of the console trim pieces to secure them because I didn't want to use the double-stick tape.

Added some pics -

The dash panel holding the radio and Voltmeter also has a small storage tube, an edge of which is just barely visible. The radio uses an all-too-easily lost remote for setup, so I'm thinking about replacing the storage tube with a rectangular storage cubby to hold the remote

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• if it’s the right part there is no way you should have to do all that to get it to fit....

unless the other original parts aren’t lined up correctly....I made a lot of adjustments to my hood to get it looking right...

Actually there are a few ways this could happen to a factory part. So, as per usual you are wrong and not helpful. 2015-2019 have the same dash angle. I've installed stereos on most years and have to clearance all the same areas due to the angle. Besides she is trying to salvage the parts she added to the dash.

studiopeg you are on the right track! I've had sections of the Slingshot off and out in the sun before. The dash and the rear deck have thin and unsupported sections that will warp. You got this! Just keep working the heat and don't get too close or you'll see the plastic get glossy.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Polaris, like any other manufacturer who intends to use stock immediately...

They pack as many parts as quickly as they can in totes of appropriate size. At most, parts may have a card board or flat foam separator.

Parts for replacement sales receive no special treatment until time of shipment. At that time, it is pulled from back stock, boxed, and shipped.

Chances are studiopeg received the last lonely one in the tote, two years or older, that laid down flat.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• IT WORKED!

Between the weight on top, being in the sun, and hitting it gently with the heat gun got it almost to the angle it should be. I took it off this morning. Letting it sit in the sun again, then will do the process over and it should be good to go.

I agree, I got a dash that was stored at the bottom of a pile and the weight pushed it out of shape. What a maddening thing this was.

If I could just stop seeing new mods, I would save myself a lot of trouble and frustration............

• Just buy Mitch's Slingshot, trailer and quick jack. You'll be done with all yer mods for a while

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If I could just stop seeing new mods, I would save myself a lot of trouble and frustration............

Congrats on getting it working!

No fun in stopping with the mods. I'll go for a while complacent, then an idea will hit me, or I'll see something that sparks an interest.

• Glad you got it fixed studiopeg .

And guys quit quoting the Dog, I have him on the ignore button but that does not stop quotes. The forum has been so much nicer just seeing a blue ignore bar.

LC

What he said! And don't think that properly explaining an issue with facts and logic will satisfy him or turn him into a normal person.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. I know I ask a lot of questions here.... if I can find an answer researching the internet I do. If I can't, I ask here. You guys always come through. You rock :)

• studiopeg i need you to check and make sure you have the dash pulled over the lip of the drivers and passengers side plastic dash pieces . If you don't and have it sitting on top of those your dash will look similar to what your seeing. It has to pull forward and then push back over each side.

The only other thing that will cause it to be that far out is if your trying to put the dash on the outside of the center part of the console. It all sits inside of the bottom console piece.

ill see if I can find some pics for you to look at.