Need Help with Slingmods' fuse block and Chasing light set

• Called Slingmods and they were 0 for 3 on these questions and TricLED has closed for the day. Hoping someone can provide some help.

1. What size fuse do I use in the FZ-1 fuse block for the kit (4 halos and underbody)? It comes with a two of ea., 2 amp, 3 and 10. Guy at Slingmods guessed a 20 amp? If he's right I have to go find some of these small fuses.

2 Install video for the fuse block suggested mounting it to the space right under the factory block...but how? It comes with a back cover, but no way to attach it to anything. Double side tape, velcro, small machine screw drilled through bottom plate?

3. Do the long LED strips go on the inner or outer frame rails? Install vid has them on the outer, but with my 2018 there's a lot of body molding that covers part of the outer rail. I could get under there and mock it up...but if someone's done it on 2018+ that would save me some pain.

Thanks!

• When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I am assuming you got the kit for the FZ-1. Did you watch the install video for it on their site?

1. you will need extra fuses depending on how many circuits you set up. Will the halos be separately switched from the underbodies? The max will be 30 amps because of the 30 amp inline fuse in the red power wire. You should use a 10 amp for both or a 10 amp on each one, the 10 amp for both might be too small if so go to a 15 amp. A rule of thumb is the smaller the better but enough to handle the circuit.

I used double sided tape for both my installs with on problems.

Good question about the inner or outer rail, I had that one myself. They have a video about the frame rail install also but it wasn't completely clear on the subject. Here is what I found out. If you use the outer rail it will be seen better than with the inner rail. One thing, consider the lift points up front you will want to have the strips on the side pointing out. If six was on the bottem use 7 to mount them. Where the rails come together in the front is tricky, remember those lift points. There will be some close points with body panels as you move to the rear.

It is going to be a bitch if you don't have a lift to work with. If you can get under it and with your face more than 6 inches away from the rails it is easier to lay out how you want it to look. you can also use wire ties to hold the strips in place while you figure it out.

It's a lot of crap but it's worth it.

Jamesgn

• I used 1 10 amp fuse, largest that came with the kit. Has 4 halos and the underbody kit on 1 fuse. No problems so far.

I went with the outer rails as the strip was too long for the inner.

I have race ramps so install was easy. I'm just hoping they stay stuck with Vegas heat. I zip tied where I could but the body panels made it impossible for a lot of it. Love them, but do wish they were a little brighter.