well, ba-bye

• Love the looks of the Z4's see them around here all the time, Actually if I had the discretionary cash I would love to own one, or perhaps a Porsche, but even if I did I dont think I could go back driving in a cage every day - - one of the few things I look forward too on week days is my ride to and from work in the Slingshot and the total openness - - heck I dont even like it with the top on - thats for my wife 8o

Anyway enjoy your new ride and be sure to pop back in from time to time

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just traded my SS in for a BMW Z4. it just looked so lonely at the dealership.

I'm sure I'll miss the SS in in the summer, which in northern Maine is from July 10th to the 19th

Dave.

Congratulations and good luck. I started riding dirt bikes at 14. I consider the slingshot an extension of that category. Now 43 years later and various times along the way I strayed from the community. My longest departure lasted two months! Every time I heard or saw a motorcycle (and now slingshot) it was more than I could withstand. The open air ride will always be a part of me.

Good luck, no doubt you will enjoy the BMW Z4. Summer is just about upon us and when one rolls by.....

Edit. Just looked up the Z4. Saw it has a conversation open cockpit. Enjoy!

• I just traded my SS in for a BMW Z4. it just looked so lonely at the dealership.

I'm sure I'll miss the SS in in the summer, which in northern Maine is from July 10th to the 19th

Dave.

Don't you wish you could adopt them all? Sounds like it got a good home. Post up a pic once she's settled in. And stick around, I hear we're a lot more friendly than the Bimmer crowd! (Just a rumor).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Here's my (new to me) BMW Z4 35i. Black, Retractable Hardtop, 3.0 liter dual turbo.

I can see why people put a turbo in their rides. I can go from behind a slowpoke to Holy Crap in a couple of seconds.

the Rockland (ME) breakwater lighthouse in the background.

• That's a beaut and it's a hybrid! It burns gas and rubber. Nice ride. Did you say you traded your Sling and is it a quad conversion?

yeah 19" wheels and very thin tires. it holds the curves great, but you really don't want to hit a pothole. it's painful.

I had the trakhamr and other goodies on order when I found the Z4 at a local car dealer. The car dealer and the Slingshot dealer are friends and after about an hour of them talking and sending pics. the dealer(s) offered me a trade in value for the SS towards the BMW. The price of the Z4 with slingshot in trade was pretty close to what I was planning on spending on the TrakHamr, wheels/tires, and some other mods I was planing for the SS.

I called Troy and (luckily) was able to cancel the trakhamr order, so he probably has some parts accumulating if someone else wants to order his quad conversion.