2019 SLR wont start

• Reading this thread sparked a thought about something I don't believe I've read anywhere... Has anyone ever push started their Slingshot? Can it be done?

I stopped at a Local road side Vegetable stand.....I was experiencing starter issues....after I got back in my SS it wouldn’t start......the Older LADY says do you need a jump.....I embarrassingly said....it’s worse than that.....no I need a push.......So she pushed my and I kicked it into gear......

so EMBARRASSING......:rolleyes::cursing: big bad biker.....:D^^:whistling:

• Try checking your battery connections. My 2015 did the same thing 2 weeks after I got it home. It was a loose cable. Pulled it off with my fingers. Cleaned & tightened, never did that again.

Was here to add the same. Even though the codes don't match up.... this is a common issue.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Reading this thread sparked a thought about something I don't believe I've read anywhere... Has anyone ever push started their Slingshot? Can it be done?

MACAWS can confirm it can be done. When I was in Maggie last year, I went out with him and a handful of other guys. When my sling gets hot after pushing hard for 30+min when I turn off the engine, it sometimes will not start. I've removed, cleaned, and replaced everything. Even replaced the starter and still happens. Mitch was kind enough to push start me a couple times that week. Fairly embarrassing but at least I know I got great friends.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• MACAWS can confirm it can be done. When I was in Maggie last year, I went out with him and a handful of other guys. When my sling gets hot after pushing hard for 30+min when I turn off the engine, it sometimes will not start. I've removed, cleaned, and replaced everything. Even replaced the starter and still happens. Mitch was kind enough to push start me a couple times that week. Fairly embarrassing but at least I know I got great friends.

Kyle, Tell them the truth you just wanted to answer the question - to see if you could push start a sling..I was just in the right place at the wrong time. It was my pleasure to lend a helping hand to a friend.

FYI you can start by pushing in forward or reverse.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Trying to push start may help narrow down the issue. If it starts, look at a loose starter button connection, faulty clutch switch, or loose battery terminal. Don't know about the code though.

• Trying to push start may help narrow down the issue. If it starts, look at a loose starter button connection, faulty clutch switch, or loose battery terminal. Don't know about the code though.

A low voltage can give you a lot of screwed up readings. Pull the battery and clean the post and tighten the battery lead clamps. Then install a volt meter on your Sling, it will save you a lot of trouble.

• A low voltage can give you a lot of screwed up readings. Pull the battery and clean the post and tighten the battery lead clamps.

Anything 9V or below will cause all kinds of havoc.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a bad alternator - wouldn't even jump start

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• r3ap3r I had my Clutch pedal connector disconnected, which caused the same issue.

P.S. If you connect spare wire from Starter Solenoid Terminal (smaller of two connections) to Battery 12V + it will verify the Starter is good, but I think the starter is good. Caution: Be careful, and don't have the vehicle in gear :) Again Starter is probably good...

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• MACAWS can confirm it can be done. When I was in Maggie last year, I went out with him and a handful of other guys. When my sling gets hot after pushing hard for 30+min when I turn off the engine, it sometimes will not start. I've removed, cleaned, and replaced everything. Even replaced the starter and still happens. Mitch was kind enough to push start me a couple times that week. Fairly embarrassing but at least I know I got great friends.

all stick shifts can be push started....just not in low gear...use second or third...

• r3ap3r I had my Clutch pedal connector disconnected, which caused the same issue.

P.S. If you connect spare wire from Starter Solenoid Terminal (smaller of two connections) to Battery 12V + it will verify the Starter is good, but I think the starter is good. Caution: Be careful, and don't have the vehicle in gear :) Again Starter is probably good...

I had my hood open on my 1964 Plymouth Fury....jumping my starter and it took off down the road...heading toward a big intersection....I got in and hit the brakes just in time.....very embarrassing...running after your car...

• all stick shifts can be push started....just not in low gear...use second or third...

Correct. If I didn't know that after 27 years driving manual transmissions, I probably shouldn't be in the auto industry. I was just being funny because I had to get push started and Mitch was the one pushing. It's a running joke he and I have.

• Correct. If I didn't know that after 27 years driving manual transmissions, I probably shouldn't be in the auto industry. I was just being funny because I had to get push started and Mitch was the one pushing. It's a running joke he and I have.

It was no joke I did some serious pushing!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Correct. If I didn't know that after 27 years driving manual transmissions, I probably shouldn't be in the auto industry. I was just being funny because I had to get push started and Mitch was the one pushing. It's a running joke he and I have.

I was there also leading the front half of the pack. Trying to get the rest of us off of the road.

• That works, you can drive mine if you end up getting rid of yours. But lets hope that's not the case.

I put that sale on hold for now!

So we will have to swap rides next time you need a push. I sure hope you fixed that thing I am getting to old for that pushing shit!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I put that sale on hold for now!

So we will have to swap rides next time you need a push. I sure hope you fixed that thing I am getting to old for that pushing shit!

100% on board with that. Swapped starters and it did it once after that but hasn't since. Oddly you would think it would do it at 1/2 mile events where I'm beating the shit out of it and hot lapping but never does.