Longer Pedal Options

• Hello all. My new to me SS is being delivered today! YIPPEE. Hoping there's an idea out there to make it easier to drive for my better half. My wife is small (I'd say short but she might read this :). She don't hit 5 foot with shoes on. Is there a safe option for extending the pedals/bringing them closer to the driver? Thought about pedal extenders, but don't want to create an unsafe condition. Anyone using these? Thanks.

Edit. I'm 6'2", so I'm looking for an option I can leave in, that brings them a couple inches closer that I can live with too.

• Welcome to the forum CHIEFP Lot of smart people in here that will help you with just about anything Slingshot. I don’t think I have read anything about pedal extensions though. Hopefully someone can help.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Hello all. My new to me SS is being delivered today! YIPPEE. Hoping there's an idea out there to make it easier to drive for my better half. My wife is small (I'd say short but she might read this :). She don't hit 5 foot with shoes on. Is there a safe option for extending the pedals/bringing them closer to the driver? Thought about pedal extenders, but don't want to create an unsafe condition. Anyone using these? Thanks.

Edit. I'm 6'2", so I'm looking for an option I can leave in, that brings them a couple inches closer that I can live with too.

The first ones that I made were for the 1967 Corvette, the wife was also 5 ft. I cut two pieces of 2 x 4 to fit and screwed to the clutch and the brake pedal.

For shits and giggles, Disco shoes could work for her. I may have an old pair somewhere.

• Personally, I don't believe you'll have any problem. My wife is only 5 feet tall and she doesn't have any trouble driving our Sling at all when she slides the seat forward. I just have to remember to slide the seat back before I get into it or else I'm driving with my head between my knees... :00000156:

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Personally, I don't believe you'll have any problem. My wife is only 5 feet tall and she doesn't have any trouble driving our Sling at all when she slides the seat forward. I just have to remember to slide the seat back before I get into it or else I'm driving with my head between my knees... :00000156:

We've rented a couple and she has a hard time.

I'm thinking about buying the pedal set from Slingmods and getting some 2" longer bolts. I'll fab up some wood to sandwich between. Couple more inches...;)

• We've rented a couple and she has a hard time.

I'm thinking about buying the pedal set from Slingmods and getting some 2" longer bolts. I'll fab up some wood to sandwich between. Couple more inches...;)

the only issue with that would Be you being able to slide the seat back enough for you to drive.

• We've rented a couple and she has a hard time.

Hmmm... I can't get my head around wood blocks sandwiched between two pedal skids. In theory, it sounds good, but I think you're venturing into some mighty dangerous territory there, my friend, with regards to the strength and rigidity of the wood, Your craftsmanship, coupled with the physics of how the brake and clutch systems would operate with those added inches, and how it would affect you and your wife's reaction time and ability to hit those pedals precisely when you need to in the event of a crisis... just my humble opinion, but I wouldn't do it.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

Have you considered something like this -

\\

Just kidding :)

I haven't seen anything out there that can extend the pedal that much that could be easily swapped out easily. We modeled up some pedals early on that did extend the gas pedal out a little bit to match up with the brake pedal and make easier heel/toe driving, but no where near as far as you would need.

I did a quick search and came across this, no idea if it would work or be safe, but it is on Ebay, so it must be ;)

https://www.ebay.com/i/2645768…3rSwQYEAQYASABEgK40_D_BwE

Also found this - https://www.indemedical.com/Su…3rSwQYEAQYAiABEgLL9vD_BwE

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum!

Dave