Throttle Contol Devices

• Doing a search on the internet I have found 3 different throttle interfaces. JMS Pedalmax, Pedal Commander, and Roar Pedal. Anyone have any experiences either positive or negative.

• I own the Pedal Commander. I don't regret the purchase, but it isn't what it all is shaped up to be. It just makes the throttle more sensitive.

Granted, I'm not stock on my slingshot, I'm boosted and have a lot of mods.

If you are stock or just a setup and haven't had your ECU flashed, I'd advise that before something that is just going to fake numbers to the ECU on throttle. http://mefiburn.com/slingshottune.asp and tell him that you saw it here and he'll knock $100 off.

Or, if you want to go boosted, http://www.ddmworks.com/Engine_c_352.html boosted applications include ECU tuning. I have their stage 2 turbo and love it.

Either of those options are better than throttle control devices, IMHO.

Any of us here would be happy to answer questions

• I've driven the pedal max and pedal commander on customers slingshots. They basically do the same thing. One uses knobs for adjustments and one uses a phone app. Lots of people seem to like them but I'm with Wokka, I didn't care for it. I hated it on a turbo setup. On either setup boosted and non boosted, in town driving sucked no matter where it was adjusted unless it was off. On the highway it was fine but again, wasn't impressed. I think you get a better overall experience with a tune. We also offer a tune for $350 here https://zzperformance.com/coll…tune-for-the-na-slingshot We also offer a turbo kit which also includes tuning here https://zzperformance.com/coll…laris-slingshot-turbo-kit If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me here, email me at Kyle@zzperformance.com or my direct line is 616.421.4296 Hope that helps a little.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Doing a search on the internet I have found 3 different throttle interfaces. JMS Pedalmax, Pedal Commander, and Roar Pedal. Anyone have any experiences either positive or negative.

I think if you were to use the search function you just might find more than you would like to know about this. It is well covered on here. I am one of the negatives on this.

• I can highly recommend the ZZP tune - did wonders for Ruby's acceleration and performance. It's also a piece of cake to install.

Having said that, full disclosure is that I STILL wasn't satisfied and I'm in line to have a ZZP Turbo / Intercooler setup installed next month. I'm going with stage 1 turbo because we don't get good gas around here! :(

Kyle & his crew also offer superb service FWIW.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I just installed the Pedal Max and after a couple short runs the jury is still out. Lots of folks have posted positive reviews on these units but I'm not sure that it's going to be all that. There is definitely an increase in throttle response but so far, at the expense of smooth acceleration. I haven't tried all the settings and may find one that I love for certain circumstances. My initial response was that I'll have to retrain my foot to work with it which isn't what I expected. Thinking about driving is more work than driving. I'm still on the stock tune and will likely try one of the aftermarket tunes as an alternative to this.

micowens53 there were over 20 of the Pedal Max units bought in a group buy by forum members here for $225. It's possible that someone has decided it's not for them and would offer it up to you. I might be one of them but not today. I need more wheel time 1st.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I just installed the Pedal Max and after a couple short runs the jury is still out. Lots of folks have posted positive reviews on these units but I'm not sure that it's going to be all that. There is definitely an increase in throttle response but so far, at the expense of smooth acceleration. I haven't tried all the settings and may find one that I love for certain circumstances. My initial response was that I'll have to retrain my foot to work with it which isn't what I expected. Thinking about driving is more work than driving. I'm still on the stock tune and will likely try one of the aftermarket tunes as an alternative to this.

micowens53 there were over 20 of the Pedal Max units bought in a group buy by forum members here for $225. It's possible that someone has decided it's not for them and would offer it up to you. I might be one of them but not today. I need more wheel time 1st.

Are you talking about the Pedal Max or the Pedal Commander? The last group buy was the Commander. I bought one and would not go back. Yes, there is some retraining of the foot, but the response is what you program in. I do have a reprogrammed ECM so that might be a little of the difference. They are currently selling for $299 so you shouldn't have any problem on moving it if you decide to sell. My suggestion is try it on a lower setting and increase it one step at a time.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Pedal Commander gets my vote and money. I'm in love with it. Less foot fatigue on long highway runs was an added bonus.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Are you talking about the Pedal Max or the Pedal Commander? The last group buy was the Commander. I bought one and would not go back. Yes, there is some retraining of the foot, but the response is what you program in. I do have a reprogrammed ECM so that might be a little of the difference. They are currently selling for $299 so you shouldn't have any problem on moving it if you decide to sell. My suggestion is try it on a lower setting and increase it one step at a time.

OK, if I don't know the correct name you can't expect me to know how to run it! It is the Pedal Commander. I'm wondering if there is any overlap on the different settings with the plus and minus numbers, but when I tried to change the setting from city to sport while I was out the other day, I couldn't do it. I may have to read the instructions I guess:rolleyes:. If it's by phone app only I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm not an app guy. I refuse to walk around with my little screen in front of my face just to find what's in front of my face. Yep, I'm a grouchy old man! How ya doing these days Dave?

• OK, if I don't know the correct name you can't expect me to know how to run it! It is the Pedal Commander. I'm wondering if there is any overlap on the different settings with the plus and minus numbers, but when I tried to change the setting from city to sport while I was out the other day, I couldn't do it. I may have to read the instructions I guess:rolleyes:. If it's by phone app only I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm not an app guy. I refuse to walk around with my little screen in front of my face just to find what's in front of my face. Yep, I'm a grouchy old man! How ya doing these days Dave?

Doug, I'm doing fine and by the way, you're not old until you catch up with me! I'n changing the number in front this year and I'm not real happy about it. I think you are trying to go with too high a setting to start with. Set it lower and go with that a while then move it up 1 notch at a time. Your foot will learn unlike your hard head:D. By the way, the phone app makes it real easy.

Tell Sara I said hello!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Doug, I'm doing fine and by the way, you're not old until you catch up with me! I'n changing the number in front this year and I'm not real happy about it. I think you are trying to go with too high a setting to start with. Set it lower and go with that a while then move it up 1 notch at a time. Your foot will learn unlike your hard head:D. By the way, the phone app makes it real easy.

Tell Sara I said hello!

Thanks Dave and Sara says hello back. I guess I'll have to load the phone app but every time I add something to my phone it says I have very little memory. I say, yeah, I know, the 70's were tough on me but what do you care? At least I know where my car keys are and I can still find the bathroom. Phones! Remember when they were for calling people and talking?

I just added a 6 to the front of my age last week. Are you sure I didn't catch up?

• Thanks Dave and Sara says hello back. I guess I'll have to load the phone app but every time I add something to my phone it says I have very little memory. I say, yeah, I know, the 70's were tough on me but what do you care? At least I know where my car keys are and I can still find the bathroom. Phones! Remember when they were for calling people and talking?

I just added a 6 to the front of my age last week. Are you sure I didn't catch up?

Just a 6? Mine is going to be bigger that that!!!!!!

• OK, if I don't know the correct name you can't expect me to know how to run it! It is the Pedal Commander. I'm wondering if there is any overlap on the different settings with the plus and minus numbers, but when I tried to change the setting from city to sport while I was out the other day, I couldn't do it. I may have to read the instructions I guess:rolleyes:. If it's by phone app only I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm not an app guy. I refuse to walk around with my little screen in front of my face just to find what's in front of my face. Yep, I'm a grouchy old man! How ya doing these days Dave?

Personally I don't feel there is any overlap in the main settings - from my experience it seems fairly linear with city and each plus setting incrementally taking you up to just below the lowest sport minus setting - the man settings are just the center point in each of the 4 ranges offered.

Also I believe changes in the setting are supposed to only be made when you are stopped also a change directly from City to Sport would be a huge change the steps, + or - in between should be used in my opinion. I love my pedal commander got it when they first became available in the group buy. after all this time I have settled in on Sport minus 1. It may not seem like it before you try it, but the minus 1 makes a much bigger difference than you might think and the gradations between the main settings are what let you fine tune it to your driving conditions and personal taste. remember even City is going to be more responsive than stock. - - - - I suggest picking a starting point and driving with it for some time and then fine tune up or down from that setting until you find your sweet spot.

I personally want it to be as responsive as possible without getting to the point where its jumpy - for me thats Sport minus 1 - - even going up just to sport and it's a bit too much for my daily driving - - - also what really reminds me of how much I love it is every now and then I will just turn it off - - - its like OMG! the difference is huge!!

Anyway go out and put it on city or sport and then use the plus and minus to find your sweet spot - - and dont expect to find in a day or on one ride you need to adjust to it so give it some time at each setting you try

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thanks for the advice Edward Neal . I installed it and it automatically started out on city. I used the +/- to set it to minus 3 which someone here had mentioned was their sweet spot. I didn't change it until yesterday at the gas station when I went to -4. Then just 4 miles to home. I agree that I'll need some time and miles at each setting to get used to it so I'm not jumping around just yet. I do feel the difference in response and believe that I'll get used to it. I just need more driving time.:thumbup:

• I just noticed on a recent outing that my gas gauge doesn't jive with estimated distance left in the tank and the bars on the gas gauge. I can't recall exactly what my estimated mpg was, but I think it read that I was getting 3 miles per gal. I know that can't be right, but it scared me enough that I filled up even though I had three bars left in the tank. I have Pedal Commander, and I like it.

• I'm going to echo the Pedal Commander. I got in on the group buy last year too, but wasn't planning it.

I also have the ZZP Tune.

Last Saturday, out with a group riding, I noticed that I could take off the line much faster than others without trying. I have it currently set at City+1, down from Sport that I was doing earlier this year. It could be a combination of both the Commander and the Tune, but I have plenty of get up and go when needed.

SlingLow it is not worth the money