Product support

• When I get first class product support I feel it is important to let others know. companies that go above and beyond deserve to be supported.

So anyway very shortly after I bought my Slingshot in May of 2017 one of my first purchases from slingmods was a Mob Armor MobNetic Pro 90 magnetic phone mount. this double ended magnetic mount has been in my slingshot every day since I received it and it sits in the sun daily through out our very hot summers - - well a week or so ago I noticed that the rubber magnet covers on each end had become dried out and cracked and one even got so bat that it fell off and the other was only staying on because it was sandwiched between the magnet and metal plate it was stuck to.

Anyway, I was bored the weekend before last and sitting at the computer when my wife was napping so I decided to look to see if I could find a replacement mount and after some time I was not happy with other options I was finding so I decided to go directly to the Mob Armor site to see what options they might have in addition to the one i got from slingmods or if perhaps they sold the rubber covers separately - - Not seeing any parts options on the site or any other mounts I liked better I decided to shoot them an e-mail to ask if I could just buy the 2 rubber covers instead of having to replace the entire mount - - well up until yesterday I had completely put this out of my mind it was not a huge deal and I hadn't received and response to my e-mail - probably would have forgotten about it completely if not for yesterdays reminder

Yep, yesterday when I went out to get the mail, there was a small package addressed to me - I was looking at it as I carried it into the house trying to figure out what I might have ordered and couldn't think of a single thing as I looked at it I saw the return address and then it dawned on me - it was from Mob Armor, and inside were two free replacement rubber magnet covers and two nice Mob Armor stickers - no questions asked they just sent out the parts and I didn't even buy the mount directly from them.

Mob Armor - - first class product support - - highly recommended

And you can get them from Slingmods and Mob Armor still stands behind it without making you bother or go through Slingmods 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• That's a company who stands behind its products. Glad to hear they took such good care of you. I put a Mob Armor phone mount in most of my vehicles... Make for easy one handed mount and dismount as opposed to many other holders out there. I love my phone mount!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I've been looking into phone mounts. I currently just put mine between the e brake and the center arm rest. Where do you stick the mount to that is metal? The only thing I can think of is the windshield support but not sure it would stick to that.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I've been looking into phone mounts. I currently just put mine between the e brake and the center arm rest. Where do you stick the mount to that is metal? The only thing I can think of is the windshield support but not sure it would stick to that.

you can order them with either an adhesive backing, or with an adhesive magnetic mount. they also have a mount that screws into the windshield support.

https://mobarmor.com/mobnetic-pro-90/

• Here you go Kyle D - I used one of the supplied adhesive metal disks and put it on the angled plastic area that would be by my right knee and to the left of the traction control switch. You can see the mount (with its missing rubber magnet cover) in this picture just to the right of the shift knob. I originally tried putting it up on the windshield support but almost immediately moved it down where it is now to better keep the phone out of the direct sun

i-6sKXbJt-X2.jpg

and here is a picture with the phone mounted

i-DLTf8zx-X2.jpg

I really like this location as it is very easy to see and never gets glare on the screen from the sun

• this is my setup. I have the Garmin attached to the windshield support. the other one a little lower and to the left is for my phone. there's just a mag/adhesive mount just below the Garmin. I usually have the Garmin / Mob Armor attached here. with my slingshade closed there is no glare on either one. either position is a quick eye glance and I can see both devices without moving my head.

• I really like that. I may have to give that a go. I didn't realize the dual magnet came with a metal sticky disc. Make a lot more sense. Thanks for the pics!

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I really like that. I may have to give that a go. I didn't realize the dual magnet came with a metal sticky disc. Make a lot more sense. Thanks for the pics!

Yes it comes with one mounting disk included from Mob Armor, and because I got it from slingmods it also came with a disk with a threaded stud to screw it into the windshield post that was optional - - also on places like Amazon you can get packets of several adhesive backed metal plates for replacements or for additional mounting locations if you like

For the phone side it also comes with a plate you can stick to your phone case, or if you choose you can get a case with the magnet built in - - I actually have a cheep red magnetic case I use - - - matches the sling

• Kyle D - Just got home and before I came in the house I pulled the mount off and took a snap so that you could see what it looks like removed

i-R7gxQwq-X2.jpg