2017 slr passenger seat

• Need both 15 & 16mm. The 15mm ones are pretty easy to get to and are just like the ones on the drivers side - both front bolts and the inside rear bolt. You can use a socket and extension to get to all of them.

The 16mm passenger rear outside bolt is the PITA. You can't get a socket in there nor is there enough room to get a closed end wrench over it. Then even if you do get an open end over it, most 16mm wrenches are too short to even get any torque/power/arm strength to get it to move. I cheated and used another wrench on the 16mm to apply more torque.

Some people have resorted to actually removing the body side plastic to get to that bolt.

BTW, whoever was the engineer who designed this mount should be shot! WORST F'N design I have ever seen.

• I took my passenger seat out once, to do the seat belt conversion, then realized (after I put the seat back in), that I had goofed something up and had to remove it again.

Drivers side is easy, I don't remind removing it at all. I'll try never to touch the passenger seat again :)

• You guys are making me worried! I have new seats on order - hope to see them sometime in May.

Doc&Ruby if you are replacing the seats only and not the brackets you will not have to go through this. The seat bottom unbolts from the bracket with it in place for a simple R&R.

Edit: Now that I think about it guys, would it be easier to remove the passenger seat cushion to get to the rogue bolt? I've done both, but don't remember the bolt being as hard as y'all make it sound. It wasn't easy but I don't remember swearing any more than the usual amount.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Doc&Ruby if you are replacing the seats only and not the brackets you will not have to go through this. The seat bottom unbolts from the bracket with it in place for a simple R&R.

Edit: Now that I think about it guys, would it be easier to remove the passenger seat cushion to get to the rogue bolt? I've done both, but don't remember the bolt being as hard as y'all make it sound. It wasn't easy but I don't remember swearing any more than the usual amount.

It just takes the right tools to make it easy

• This reminds me of a pet peeve - Why don't service manuals simply provide a single list of all required tools for a vehicle or even better, list which tools are needed for a given procedure. That would certainly make it easier to work on a vehicle. It seems most sources list specialty tools and I can't believe it would complicate things that much more to list all tools needed for a procedure.

• I have removed that 16mm several times in multiple Slings. Replaced mine with a 17mm with the same thread last time. They didn’t have a 15 with that thread. Had a hard time finding a 16mm wrench. When I pull the seat again ( for the sub amp) I’ll try Fastenall again for a 15mm.

Just replaced the front bumper on my Jeep JL yesterday. Couldn’t believe it when I found 8 16mm bolts. I thought Polaris was the only one to use that size. At least a 16mm socket would fit in to pull these.

• You guys are making me worried! I have new seats on order - hope to see them sometime in May.

Yep, you'll learn only to replace that seat once.

A 5/8 socket 1/4 inch drive, a 1/4 / to 3/8 drive adapter and 3/8 ratchet will get the right rear bolt out easier.

May have to try that next time.

Doc&Ruby if you are replacing the seats only and not the brackets you will not have to go through this. The seat bottom unbolts from the bracket with it in place for a simple R&R.

Might also try unbolting it with the brackets still in place. However, the stock brackets will NOT fit an aftermarket seat. I also tried to make an adapter plate from the aftermarket seat to the stock brackets, but it doesn't work.

• Get the seat bracket extensions that I believe Red sells they make taking the seat out easy as it pushes the seat forward a few inches and also allows the seat to lay back some

I'm pretty sure that's why I took mine out - to install Red 's extensions.

Yep, you'll learn only to replace that seat once.

May have to try that next time.

Might also try unbolting it with the brackets still in place. However, the stock brackets will NOT fit an aftermarket seat. I also tried to make an adapter plate from the aftermarket seat to the stock brackets, but it doesn't work.

I put in a set of Velocity Sport seats that were gifted to me. I guess that's technically not an aftermarket seat since it's made by Polaris (right?). They use the stock brackets.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Has anybody found junk yard adjustable seat brackets for the passenger side? Just installed the Coffin exhaust and then added a 12" footwell extension box. Wife now wants adjustable seat sliders like the driver side. I can fab my own seat bracket. Just looking for the sliders.

Thanks

2019 GT

Three years of too much stuff to list