Crazy videos from the web!

• You both missed the real reason and what is actually going on. Could it be denial or ignorance. The CIA sends the complete news text to stations at 4am they are to read the text as it is with very slight deviations. So you can watch any main stream news station and get what every other station is talking about. You are being programmed. If you hear the same lie enough times from multiple sources you believe the lie is real. Brainwashing and it’s been going on for years. Your kids are subjected also. So think about what they are watching daily.

• MACAWS I believe they all get their new from the AP and probably just repeat it word for word, or very darn close. Makes it easy for them no one has to rewrite the stories. What they say may not be fake and it maybe true but they leave out what they don't want to tell us. Can you think any think they said that Trump did that was good. Have they said anything about Joe breaking many promises?

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• OK so maybe you could help me understand something about the major new networks that has always confused me.

Take any topic that is the news of the day - don't care who it is about Trump / Biden any major topic. If I flip thru the channels every news person seems to use the exact same phrases. It just baffles me how 3 or 4 completely independent new agencies would all come up with the same exact phrases. You would just think the odds that that many different companies and that many different personalities would have different wording.

Just never could figure that out unless they all draw water from the same well. Just wondering

Most LEOs and members of the military tend to be more conservative. In my case, joining the military and seeing the wide variety of people was an eye-opening experience and greatly reduced the level of my conservative outlook.

In a country like the USA where the media has traditionally not been under control of government or industry, it is only to be expected that most reporters tend to be more liberal (the opposition media) and therefore more opposed to government/industry. Conservative reporters tended to focus more on financial coverage and outlets such as the Wall Street Journal. Conservative and Liberal viewpoints have side-by-side for a very long time, but starting first with the growth of FM radio and the reduced access cost to programming on the older AM format, more extreme conservative programming became more widely available. As conservative broadcasters like Rush Limbaugh broadened the base of conservative listeners and then the rise of Fox News which was established with the direct intent of pushing a conservative (Republican Party) viewpoint, the split between conservatives and liberals has only grown over time as each side has tended to focus more on their preferred networks.

Personally, the emergence of a true Centrist Party (reflecting the old-style center-left Republican ideals combined with the old-style center-right Democratic ideals) could go a long way towards disrupting the domination of the new, more extreme right Republican Party and the More extreme Left Democratic Party and will hopefully restore some balance to our political system.

• MACAWS I believe they all get their new from the AP and probably just repeat it word for word, or very darn close. Makes it easy for them no one has to rewrite the stories. What they say may not be fake and it maybe true but they leave out what they don't want to tell us. Can you think any think they said that Trump did that was good. Have they said anything about Joe breaking many promises?

Points well made but I was not trying to make a political statement and tried very hard to avoid going in that direction. My major point is the media's purpose in my naive mind is to investigate and report objectively and let us draw our own conclusion from the FACTS they put forward. So if you have several different people doing the same thing and competing for the same audience you would expect each to do something a little different. But they do exactly the same thing right down to the wording. So to answer you yes there is the an appearance of coordination.

As I said earlier just my observation. But it is refreshing to have a conversation with friends and Slingshot family.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Points well made but I was not trying to make a political statement and tried very hard to avoid going in that direction. My major point is the media's purpose in my naive mind is to investigate and report objectively and let us draw our own conclusion from the FACTS they put forward. So if you have several different people doing the same thing and competing for the same audience you would expect each to do something a little different. But they do exactly the same thing right down to the wording. So to answer you yes there is the an appearance of coordination.

As I said earlier just my observation. But it is refreshing to have a conversation with friends and Slingshot family.

Actually, I, too, was just trying to explain what I feel causes media (conservative or liberal) to act in a manner similar to their compatriots. Common approach/background leading to common results. Groupthink - https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_82.htm.

Growing up, my favorite SF author was Robert Heinlein. He really disliked Time magazine and said every time he read their coverage of an incident he personally observed, it never agreed with what he saw!

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Actually, I, too, was just trying to explain what I feel causes media (conservative or liberal) to act in a manner similar to their compatriots. Common approach/background leading to common results. Groupthink - https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_82.htm.

Now that helps establish my point exactly!

Same topic same conversation 2 different approaches - I think that is the way it should be when everyone is free thinking

Thanks for havin my 6

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• United Airlines Flight 328, Denver to Honolulu, was in the news yesterday. Here’s additional footage you may not have seen. Very fortunate no one was hurt or killed...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• United Airlines Flight 328, Denver to Honolulu, was in the news yesterday. Here’s additional footage you may not have seen. Very fortunate no one was hurt or killed...

Kudos to the amazing professionalism of the flight crew and the control tower. What an amazing display of cool under pressure. They saved many lives!

Initially I suspected it was fan blade failure because of the forward necel in the mans yard another indicator is the damage forward at about 11:00 position of the fan case, but seeing seeing the video I'm not totally sure? Where you see the flames is aft of the combustion section, the turbine section. If you look it's blown out in a "U" shape. Blown out from inside. The high pressure turbine drives the compressor and spins faster, the low pressure turbine drives the fan and spins slower. It's hard to tell as it gets very grainy but you can see some vertical tear marks on the nacelle. Those tear marks follow the turbine wheel plain of rotation. The question is what failed first and why. A bird strike is possible, fan blade failure is possible as it tore the front necel off and possibly sent debris into the engine shelling it out causing turbine failure. Or did the turbine fail first causing massive vibration and the fan blades came in contact with the inlet case. I think they will figure this one out quickly. You can tell weather the fan section or the turbine can tell failed first by the direction of stress marks on the fan shaft.

If you are really board and want to know how. Hold a rolled paper towel in your hand placing both hands on each end. First keep your left hand still (locked) and rotate your right hand away from your body. Notice the angle of the stress curves (indicating the front fan section failed first). Now this time hold your right (aft) steady and rotate your left (front) hand away from your body. Notice the angle of the stress curves. Indicating the turbine failed first.

Could be a few different things but my best guess. Fan blade failure ether by bird strike or material failure. Then debris ingested into the engine causing shelling out of the engine and turbine blowout.