Judge strikes down California Ammo Background Law

• Finally some common sense -- and in California - - WOW

No more background checks on ammo

"The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California's new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured," Benitez wrote in his 120-page opinion.

"Criminals, tyrants, and terrorists don't do background checks," he added. "The background check experiment defies common sense while unduly and severely burdening the Second Amendment rights of every responsible, gun-owning citizen desiring to lawfully buy ammunition."

I am so happy - - had been worried that I was going to have to cross over into Arizona next time I needed to replenish my stash - - - now I can just go to Dicks, much easier

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hallelujah! And you might reconsider that 2nd amendment bailout company, Dicks. I won't darken their doors again. Can you purchase online in Cali? If so, try using ammoseek.com to find the best deals. Prices have spiked though obviously. I'm glad I stocked up over the last few years.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Hallelujah! And you might reconsider that 2nd amendment bailout company, Dicks. I won't darken their doors again. Can you purchase online in Cali? If so, try using ammoseek.com to find the best deals. Prices have spiked though obviously. I'm glad I stocked up over the last few years.

I feel the same about Dick's around here there prices are too high.

• Nobody needs to know the ammo that I purchase, how much more traceable are your ammo sales when purchasing online? Kind of like those folks that do carry permits, where is the Government going to go when it comes time to start taking away our weapons? I prefer to stay as anonymous as I can be.

Bill

• Nobody needs to know the ammo that I purchase, how much more traceable are your ammo sales when purchasing online? Kind of like those folks that do carry permits, where is the Government going to go when it comes time to start taking away our weapons? I prefer to stay as anonymous as I can be.

Bill

I'm sure I'm on a number of 'lists'. But where is it???

The shadow knows...

• Here is something about paper work. If you buy guns and ammo at a small shop and you have a concealed carry permit the only paper work is at the dealer. RIGHT? If the dealer closes where is the paper work?

I did a private transfer last year with a small dealer (he operates out of a shed behind his mobile home). He said he was getting ready to retire and when I asked about the paperwork he said that he would be required to turn it in or destroy it as directed. He said most small dealers are not required to submit their paperwork upon retirement. But what record is created at the other end of the phone call to the NICS? I honestly don't know but would expect a permanent record is created unless the sheer volume of transactions makes it impractical.

We used to be able to buy online, but they started requiring that it be shipped to a federally licensed firearms dealer - may have been a part of the background thing, I am not sure - - hopefully with the judge striking this down I will be able to buy online again and have it shipped to my home

• I feel the same about Dick's around here there prices are too high.

Well I just threw Dicks out there because it was one of the last places other than online where I picked up a box or 2 of 9mm - - I actually havent bought any ammo since the background law went into effect - stocked up hoping to put off needing more for a long time - - now that this law has been shot down I am hoping we will be able to go back to buying online without having to have it shipped to a licensed firearms dealer

• Especially here on the west coast, huh SlingLow? Thus a reason we are moving back to Montana when we retire where a persons rights are still respected, relatively speaking that is.

Bill

Montana is on my short list. Fewer people and more space. Washington is getting too unfriendly and expensive. Idaho is a possibility but their rights continue to be infringed. I've always considered Arizona for their conservative views and warm weather. It will likely boil down to where my wife is willing to move. I wouldn't mind the vagabond lifestyle for a couple of years with a little snowbird action thrown in. Not that I'm thinking about it...:/

• I had planned on settling where I am in southern VA until they put a communist dictator in the governors mansion. My back up was my cabin in the NC mountains but it looks like that is quickly becoming the same.

My wife won't move any further away from her family so I am considering my options. She won't like any of them

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I did a private transfer last year with a small dealer (he operates out of a shed behind his mobile home). He said he was getting ready to retire and when I asked about the paperwork he said that he would be required to turn it in or destroy it as directed. He said most small dealers are not required to submit their paperwork upon retirement. But what record is created at the other end of the phone call to the NICS? I honestly don't know but would expect a permanent record is created unless the sheer volume of transactions makes it impractical.

If you have a concealed carry permit they do not have to call NICS so that would mean no record?

• If you have a concealed carry permit they do not have to call NICS so that would mean no record?

Out here they still call, even with the permit. They give an answer immediately and if you are approved, you walk out the door with your firearm. When the call volume allows (not today!).

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• just read some more and caught this:

Benitez reportedly claimed the law blocked legitimate sales to law-abiding citizens, about 16 percent of the time. He also ruled that California's ban on importing ammo from outside the state violates federal interstate commerce laws.

I hope this will open back up our ability to buy online and have it shipped directly to us - - - I have a friend with a FFL but it would be a pain to have to have everything go through him - - if I must do that I might as well go to Big-5 or some other local store

• I'm glad I make my own!

making you own is great, I wish I had the room and the time to reload my own, but even if I could I would still want a good sized stash ready to go just in case I needed to get out and leave my reloading supplies behind - - Also one of the reasons why my wife and I both have 9mm weapons is because in an emergency situation being as popular as it is and also being a common NATO round it would be easier to scrounge off the dead bodies of the enemy 8o