Paintng Vinyl Siding

• EjFord question since this is right up your alley, my daughter wants to paint her house but she has vinyl siding, can that be painted or do I have to replace it all with the color she wants? If it can be painted what is the best paint to use with a paint sprayer to accomplish the job, or you can just take a road trip down here and social distance on the property.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• I have installed siding (aluminum, vinyl, cement, wood and steel) for over 17 years professionally.

You can in fact paint vinyl, however you need an adhesive primer and a high quality acrylic paint.

Vinyl siding overlaps about 1 1/2 inches and to do a proper job - one would need to remove all the siding, clean it extremely well, paint it and re-install it.

In my opinion and with the improvements in siding today - you will get a better product by actually residing it.

JM2C

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• EjFord question since this is right up your alley, my daughter wants to paint her house but she has vinyl siding, can that be painted or do I have to replace it all with the color she wants? If it can be painted what is the best paint to use with a paint sprayer to accomplish the job, or you can just take a road trip down here and social distance on the property.

Tom the siding can be painted. Some sort of bond primer is a must. Seal Kreate
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/SEA…efabc133fe272da21a2859fff

SEAL KRETE ORIGINAL All-Purpose Waterproofer Gallon

We have had good luck using this product as a primer. We 'brush' everything, to hard to control spraying. Good quality paint is #1 thing. You probably have a Sherwin Williams store near you. I would use there Super paint line. Be sure to let them know that you are painting vinyl siding and they will give you some good advice.