Sling value

• Base or SL?

Bill

Madstad 9" windshield, Curb Alert, Paramount Plastics 1.0 rear fender, Sedici Distanza roll bar bags, MeanSling hood assist, MeanSling Sport Top w/lift, DDMWorks surge tank, QA1 3-way shocks, DDMWorks master cylinder support, sway bar collars, under hood jump port

• Thanks,I was just curious, thinking getting new,but to loose ten grand not worth it.

If your will to look around a little there have been lots of great used Slingshots on the market. If your will to travel a little you would have lots of options. Lots have very low miles a whole bunch of mods. If the unit has been well maintained 30,000 miles on the GM 2.4 Ecotech engine is not a lot. Good luck with your search.

• That's why I'm keeping my 2015 I don't want to put 20,000 into another one after trade or private sale.

+1

Bill

Madstad 9" windshield, Curb Alert, Paramount Plastics 1.0 rear fender, Sedici Distanza roll bar bags, MeanSling hood assist, MeanSling Sport Top w/lift, DDMWorks surge tank, QA1 3-way shocks, DDMWorks master cylinder support, sway bar collars, under hood jump port

• What really hit us about SlingShot pricing is that we paid $24,000 for our SL in 2015, (a good deal at the time.) Just two years later the dealer had a used trade-in exactly like ours, with fewer miles, for $15,000. That was in 2017, it is now three years later......................................

Bill

• yea,I think all you guys are correct, mine still runs and looks good,with just a few problems, I'm gonna keep it.Dollar vs fun factor it's still the coolest machine out there.Thanks for all your comments.

• What really hit us about SlingShot pricing is that we paid $24,000 for our SL in 2015, (a good deal at the time.) Just two years later the dealer had a used trade-in exactly like ours, with fewer miles, for $15,000. That was in 2017, it is now three years later......................................

Bill

I agree, I've never seen the value of anything I've owned drop so quickly. My SLR is brand new, but was marked down more than 10K because it's a '19. Kinda makes me wonder what it will be worth next year... 🤔

The world would be a different place if everyone listened to country music...

• I agree, I've never seen the value of anything I've owned drop so quickly. My SLR is brand new, but was marked down more than 10K because it's a '19. Kinda makes me wonder what it will be worth next year... 🤔

That is the reason that people should not buy a new Slingshot. This was also why I bought Sling II, I knew that I would have a Sling until I could not ride any longer. I knew of the 2 owners, 10,000 miles and the price was more than right and it was local (100 miles) Let us just say around $20,000 cheaper than a new one.

• I buy things with the plan fo keeping them as long as I can. My iMac is 2009 still works but probably close to zero value our oldest car probably not worth much of anything if I only bought things that I expected to hold their value I wouldn’t have very many things

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank & Master Cylinder Brace

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That is the reason that people should not buy a new Slingshot.

The reason we bought our SlingShot new was because of just that, it was NEW, we would be the original owners of a unique first year vehicle that nobody else had, and being the only one in town, even if it would be for just a short while. Well, here it is five years later and we now have one of two SlingShots here locally, but it is still the only first year model. :S

Bill