OLD GUYS who are still riding

• 71 here. It’s fun to try keeping up with Gerald. Scares the hell out of my wife. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Damn, all you guys that I know on here are young except SLINGSHOOTER and he was the only one that could keep up in Maggie Valley in 2015-16 another story.:00007991: On that Skyway ride before we left the parking lot 3 people came up to me and wanted to get in front of me. Two turbos and one NA like me. I told them NO, that I had got there ahead of them for a reason and if I held them up that I would let them by. The short story still is that they could not keep up and rabtech could not getaway from me. There are a few more things that do go with that story. This is the first time that I have ever said anything about what happened that day. Now for all of those that did not know, this is where all of the SH$$ talk started about me and my driving. I just though it would be good to let people know about some of what happened that day. :evil::love:

Love this story FunCycle ! I just turned 73 and reached 12 1/2 years of full time RVing on my own with a few exceptions. My first event was Maggie in 2016. I happened to get in line for the Tail of the Dragon ride before anyone else - didn't know any better - and I was definitely a rookie! I told everyone they could go ahead of me, but no one did. I just knew they were all thinking 'that gray haired woman will never keep up'. I think a few were surprised! :) Oh dang! Just realized this is a topic of 'Old Guys' :)

• Love this story FunCycle ! I just turned 73 and reached 12 1/2 years of full time RVing on my own with a few exceptions. My first event was Maggie in 2016. I happened to get in line for the Tail of the Dragon ride before anyone else - didn't know any better - and I was definitely a rookie! I told everyone they could go ahead of me, but no one did. I just knew they were all thinking 'that gray haired woman will never keep up'. I think a few were surprised! :) Oh dang! Just realized this is a topic of 'Old Guys' :)

Just a Figure of Speech. To me it means Male and Female. Keep on riding and the main thing is to ride safe and have "FUN"

• Love this story FunCycle ! I just turned 73 and reached 12 1/2 years of full time RVing on my own with a few exceptions. My first event was Maggie in 2016. I happened to get in line for the Tail of the Dragon ride before anyone else - didn't know any better - and I was definitely a rookie! I told everyone they could go ahead of me, but no one did. I just knew they were all thinking 'that gray haired woman will never keep up'. I think a few were surprised! :) Oh dang! Just realized this is a topic of 'Old Guys' :)

You were number 2 in the group going down the Tail and I was behind you. I had trouble keeping up!

Where I live we have a good size group of pilots in 70s through 90s that still fly multiple times a week, I hope that energy holds true for Slings also.

• Lanny McKee will be 76 in August. He’s another that can tear up a road! Joe Bentz will be 78 the end of this month - another one with many, many Sling miles!

Agreed - I’m not sure if Lanny and FunCycle have ever met. THAT would be something to watch those 2 guys chase each other. Both of em don’t know what brakes are for so getting to watch them would be a real treat!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• And who is this Lanny?

He has never been on this forum I don’t think. I can tell you he made Stickerdick cry in Vail 3 years ago😂. He is the best I have seen next to you. You know I think you are a wildman behind the wheel - he would be the best challenge for you I have come across ridin a Sling!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Damn my father is 56 years old ( im 31) and i still have two grandparents left in their eighties.

You may be one of our youngest on here, at least that is active. I thought I was at 47.

just think when we are in our 70's and 80's, the stories we will have for the young'uns :)

"We had this guy named Funcycle, drove the slowest red one, but no one with turbos could keep up, and he liked to throw FITS..."

"Then we had this guy named FITS who had the prettiest red one, and this sling to boot..."

"Also we had this guy EJ, who had the magic touch with luring young women into his sling..."

"lastly, not sure exactly how many, but too many were addicted to Sonic, or maybe just corndogs... or maybe that was just Macaws"

No clue if FITS has a pretty red one at home, but I know his sling is red :00008359::00008040:

edit -

sorry, forgot a couple of important ones to add...

• MACAWS,s hook is Mexican food and wiping down his Sling AS SOON AS IT HITS THE WORK SHOP AFTER A RIDE. He is just a little bit ANNAL! Mitch would rather have a Taco than a T-Bone Steak.:saint:

• And we'll meet 'em all at the Gates to Hell.

FunCycle will lead!

I'll tell you the story after I put another log on the fire.

And a little Crown in the mug. Cheers!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm only 60, but I've chased FunCycle more than once! He can drive like most wished they could when they were 30 plus years behind him! I was 4th behind him at Bristol rally last fall running the "Back of the Dragon". I could stay up, but it pushed me to my comfort limits with the road conditions (rough in places, and debris in the road.... not to mention that woman on the cell phone meeting us calling the State Police.... whom we had the pleasure to meet later without incident.... ).

No doubt, Gerald can drive. Loved visiting with you in Huntsville during SOG too!