OLD GUYS who are still riding

• :D Since it has been brought up twice in the last few minutes, Thanks gooseman and wokka . On April 23 I will be 73 years old and still riding. We have not had a thread on this in a few years. I know there are a bunch of us in our 70's and I do know one that is in his 80's and still riding pretty much every day. I started riding in May, 1964, my first was a Sears Allstate Cruisaire made by Vespa for a grand total $425 new and I still own a 2013 Harley Softtail (20,000 miles) and Slingshot I with 93,000 + miles and Slingshot II with 12,000 miles. Also a couple of 4 wheelers, a 98 Pontiac Firebird TA probably close to 200,000 miles and then there is the HOT ROD 1935 Ford Tudor Flatback with a little over 100,000 miles that I put on it. The Ford has not been out since 2005 when I had back surgery and it is still waiting for the new radiator that is sitting in the back seat waiting to be installed. :saint:

• I am going to be 66 in June, does that count?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• While not me, I'm proud of my grandfather in this aspect. He passed away at 95, and up until about 2 weeks before, he rode almost daily, including his slingshot. He had a 2015 Red (I didn't fault him too much for the red). He had a number of bikes, and always said his favorite was his ZX10r, since it was fast.

He was a navigator on the B-36 and retired a Colonel, drove a city bus in Fort Worth, TX until about 15 years ago, going from full time down to just once a week at the end.

He also won several national championships in city bus competitions, which is a thing we found out about after he started competing.

At 87, he wrecked a gold wing doing over 90, took out a barbed wire fence that had him laid up for a few months, but didn't stop him from getting back on.

I'll never do the things he did, but I can aspire!

• :D Since it has been brought up twice in the last few minutes, Thanks gooseman and wokka . On April 23 I will be 73 years old and still riding. We have not had a thread on this in a few years. I know there are a bunch of us in our 70's and I do know one that is in his 80's and still riding pretty much every day. I started riding in May, 1964, my first was a Sears Allstate Cruisaire made by Vespa for a grand total $425 new and I still own a 2013 Harley Softtail (20,000 miles) and Slingshot I with 93,000 + miles and Slingshot II with 12,000 miles. Also a couple of 4 wheelers, a 98 Pontiac Firebird TA probably close to 200,000 miles and then there is the HOT ROD 1935 Ford Tudor Flatback with a little over 100,000 miles that I put on it. The Ford has not been out since 2005 when I had back surgery and it is still waiting for the new radiator that is sitting in the back seat waiting to be installed. :saint:

we can all hope to be able to be active as we age. I enjoy seeing older folks that are in good health and are able to still get about with enjoying life. My buddies grandmother was still riding her bicycle into her 100’s everyday that was nice out. I see Gerald and Ej racing about in their slings and enjoying the freedom and hope that i also will be able to do that in 20yrs.

• we can all hope to be able to be active as we age. I enjoy seeing older folks that are in good health and are able to still get about with enjoying life. My buddies grandmother was still riding her bicycle into her 100’s everyday that was nice out. I see Gerald and Ej racing about in their slings and enjoying the freedom and hope that i also will be able to do that in 20yrs.

Yes, I have my fused back and I am on my 2nd triple by-pass and now will have to have my right knee repaired (hyper extended it on the dance floor) about 10 years ago. So I am good for a few more years. The first triple lasted me 16 years and a day, about 2 years past the average.

• Damn, all you guys that I know on here are young except SLINGSHOOTER and he was the only one that could keep up in Maggie Valley in 2015-16 another story.:00007991: On that Skyway ride before we left the parking lot 3 people came up to me and wanted to get in front of me. Two turbos and one NA like me. I told them NO, that I had got there ahead of them for a reason and if I held them up that I would let them by. The short story still is that they could not keep up and rabtech could not getaway from me. There are a few more things that do go with that story. This is the first time that I have ever said anything about what happened that day. Now for all of those that did not know, this is where all of the SH$$ talk started about me and my driving. I just though it would be good to let people know about some of what happened that day. :evil::love: This was also the year that I did my first 3 wheel drift on the Whip turn on the Dragon camera behind me and one one top of the hill and no pictures. The front of the Sling was in one lane and the rear tire was in the other lane this was from the man and woman behind me.

• I'm 73 wife is a bit older, we ride as often as we can.

I have D.I.S.H. and A.S., you'll have to google those. Suffice it to say I don't bend from hips to head, maybe 20 degrees total twist of neck. The wife is one ahead of me on back surgeries and has a lot of titanium hold her back together. We use our intercoms to see both directions at intersections. Only 28k on the sling.

Pain don't hurt. (Patrick Swazy in road house)

The VA keeps giving pain pills so I keep taking them. Little white m and m's.

LC

https://www.mayoclinic.org/dis…ptoms-causes/syc-20371661

https://www.mayoclinic.org/dis…ptoms-causes/syc-20354808

• 71 that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Wife and I rode to Key West, 4/2017, with 11 bikes, mostly H-D and 1/2 our age. 11 days over 2600 mi. Only time I have ever seen Gerald in the rear was last day of Mayhem in the Mountains (he wanted to ride there). Hope to ride as long as I can get in and out...

• But they keep telling us that we DO NOT need pain killers, everyone does not get addicted to pain killers. We would like some quality of life without pain. My GP said there were other things out there to take the place of opoids. I told him if there were we would be using them. I also told him that I hate to wish anything bad on anyone, but I hope that one day you have pain and there is nothing that you can take to relieve it. He actually got pissed off when I said that

• 71 that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Wife and I rode to Key West, 4/2017, with 11 bikes, mostly H-D and 1/2 our age. 11 days over 2600 mi. Only time I have ever seen Gerald in the rear was last day of Mayhem in the Mountains (he wanted to ride there). Hope to ride as long as I can get in and out...

Believe it or not, I do not like to lead the pack. Even with the Hot Rods, no else knew how to lead a group of riders or drivers so I always was the leader.

• At 76 years young always wanted a motorcycle ... got my first one at 49 - 1982 Honda Sliver Wing, and a couple years later an 1984 Gold Wings (first of several) and at 71 saw the Slingshot and with every miles I go forward I get an hour younger so I going to ride as much as I possibly can. Work every day for a little gas money.