Tab sheared off on outer driver's panel

• So I noticed today that my driver's side outside panel (outside of the armrest panel) has one of the 2 attachment tabs sheared off.

yes... we all know the bad luck I have...

Ordering a replacement panel is pretty pricey. It's a 2017 so the warranty is over.

Anyone have any thoughts of at least getting it secure a little more in some way? The reason I noticed the tab was sheared off was because just touching the panel I could feel it moving. I knew something was wrong.

• I assume you're referring to a plastic mounting tab. It's possible to make a new tab by plastic-welding it together. You could also try drilling a hole thru the plastic to screw it directly to the frame, but I'd try using some good 3M body trim double-stick tape first. Back in 2018 while finishing my Hahn turbo install, I had trouble getting at least one of the T40 tub/body panel fasteners reinstalled on the passenger side body panels and still haven't reinstalled it/them. If you notice the panel moving, than either try to stabilize the movement or try not to put pressure on the panel so it doesn't flex, but it should last even w/o the bolt, at least in my experience.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• This next video shows using Baking Soda and CA Glue (Super Glue) to fill an accidental cut into some wood. It shows how quickly the Baking Soda and CA Glue sets up and why it should be layered when trying to build up a repair -

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I just made an aluminum tab longer than the stock one.

Used the stock mounting screw and a small screw thru the plastic then the tab. Worked like a champ

It is on the bottom and you can't see it, a little black pint and you are good

I'm just getting to this project today, and I have found the tab is lost. So this looks like it will be the solution. I'm going to search the internet for a suitable aluminum tab.

• I'm just getting to this project today, and I have found the tab is lost. So this looks like it will be the solution. I'm going to search the internet for a suitable aluminum tab.

I just used some scrap I found laying around the shop. You can even use a piece of plastic just use the old tab as a template for the shape and location of the hole and make it long enough to use a small screw to attach it to the panel.

Good luck

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!