trakhamr ordered

• for the guys that have the trakhamr, could you all give me some pointers on how yawl ran your brake line? since it has the 45 degree angle where you bolt it to the main brakes , did ya'll just just turn it horizonal so it would not hang down. plus I have some extra line. I probably could tuck it under the sling and secure it good.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Trooper sorry , I can’t come over for wrench day. Little difficult because of ice on road and it’s freaking cold. Really wish could come help, but you know weather and too damn cold!

Kinda waiting for spring and then we can ride, what say you?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Trooper sorry , I can’t come over for wrench day. Little difficult because of ice on road and it’s freaking cold. Really wish could come help, but you know weather and too damn cold!

Kinda waiting for spring and then we can ride, what say you?

no worries sir, I understand. I am ready for some riding as well. almost done with the quad and the supercharger should be in realllll soon.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Ok I couldn't stand it any longer Got the brakes bled and drive shaft in, and put some of the exhaust on. still on jack stands. just had to crank it up and see how it done. while running it my traction control light came on around 2000 RPMs and then my ABS and BRAKE FAILURE light came on. I am hoping this is due to still being on jack stands and no weight on the wheels and actual drive time on the road. anybody have issues like this?

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Ok I couldn't stand it any longer Got the brakes bled and drive shaft in, and put some of the exhaust on. still on jack stands. just had to crank it up and see how it done. while running it my traction control light came on around 2000 RPMs and then my ABS and BRAKE FAILURE light came on. I am hoping this is due to still being on jack stands and no weight on the wheels and actual drive time on the road. anybody have issues like this?

I must admit this is one thing about the quad conversions that has puzzled me - the stock traction control / stability control system is designed to work with only one wheel in the back - applying the brakes to this one wheel as the computer deems necessary to maintain traction and stability

So when a quad conversion is done how does the computer know they're now two wheels in the back that may need to be braked individually to best maintain traction / stability? - - - is the ECU reprogramed or does the brain of the traction control system still think there is only one wheel in the back?

I know this doesn't address your question, but this seemed like a good place where others who will answer you might also be able to enlighten me :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I must admit this is one thing about the quad conversions that has puzzled me - the stock traction control / stability control system is designed to work with only one wheel in the back - applying the brakes to this one wheel as the computer deems necessary to maintain traction and stability

So when a quad conversion is done how does the computer know they're now two wheels in the back that may need to be braked individually to best maintain traction / stability? - - - is the ECU reprogramed or does the brain of the traction control system still think there is only one wheel in the back?

I know this doesn't address your question, but this seemed like a good place where others who will answer you might also be able to enlighten me :/

according to Troy TrakHamr his kit maintains the traction control. he had it wired up all i had to was plug it in when I installed the kit.

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Even before I went with. 4 wheel mod, I got in habit of turning off traction control every time I start mine, I did not like how system works when a wheel slipped on wet road, it always seemed to override my driving..... I just hold down switch after starting it up as a habit, even when nice conditions to just turn all that stuff off.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• according to Troy TrakHamr his kit maintains the traction control. he had it wired up all i had to was plug it in when I installed the kit.

I do know that the kits are supposed to maintain the traction control, I just wonder if the system knows there is an additional wheel, or does it just think the back is still a single wheel? - - - more to the point does it always apply the back brakes to both wheels or can it control them separately?

does the TrackHamr have speed sensors at each rear wheel?

• Even before I went with. 4 wheel mod, I got in habit of turning off traction control every time I start mine, I did not like how system works when a wheel slipped on wet road, it always seemed to override my driving..... I just hold down switch after starting it up as a habit, even when nice conditions to just turn all that stuff off.

I think there are many people who don't like the nannies and turn them off - - - I must admit I would prefer a system where the default was to have them off and you were asked if you wanted them on when the car was started

I think that in the world of slingshot drivers the percentage of drivers who have better driving skills is probably higher than in the general driving population and as such would rather not have computers making decisions

• I do know that the kits are supposed to maintain the traction control, I just wonder if the system knows there is an additional wheel, or does it just think the back is still a single wheel? - - - more to the point does it always apply the back brakes to both wheels or can it control them separately?

does the TrackHamr have speed sensors at each rear wheel?

the traction control is just located on the passenger wheel .

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• the traction control is just located on the passenger wheel .

Thank you - - that pretty much tells me what I wanted to know. :thumbsup: