Thumbs down to Slingshotonly

• Here is some information I would like to share with anyone who is upset, as I am, with Slingshot Only's offer of the KN-95 masks:

I sent an E-mail to Slingshot Only to express my displeasure at their "offer" of an overpriced mask made in China. It was my opinion, and it still is, that they were price gouging. Slingshot Only replied to my E-mail and defended their price, claiming that their supplier was charging them 4 dollars per mask. (Not my problem that they chose to do this.)

The most expensive top of the line N-95 mask from 3M is sold to retailers at around 2 dollars. At least that is what the guy at the 3M fraud and price gouging hotline told me.8)

Like FunCycle , I am done with them. :thumbdown:

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein

• I bought a box of 20 over a year ago to use when cutting grass and mulching leaves. I tried to look back on Amazon to see what I paid. I know it was not over $20. I did also get the same E-mail from Slingshot only explaining why they were charging $6 each for the mask

• If they got them for $4 then they should have sold them at no more than cost plus shipping

This is not a time for a vendor here to use the current situation to make a profit on a medical item they do not normally even sell.

If a vendor here really cared about this community they should probably offer them up for free knowing it would pay dividends down the road by securing loyal customers

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• 2 masks were $12.

Shipping was $10

Total cost for 2 masks $22.00!!!!!!

$10 shipping - - no way shipping on 2 N95 masks should be even close to $10 how much cant they weigh?

So if the masks actually cost 4$ we are looking at a 50% mark up and then 400% of shipping added on top of the shipping!!!!

That is not what I would expect from a vendor on this forum

• Chances are the vendor has a contract price for shipping that has a minimum charge. every now and then I encounter situations where I want to order something only to find the shipping for a small part like a key fob costs more than the fob. I either wait until I have more items to purchase so the shipping is spread across multiple items or I can get free shipping or I just don't order anything at all. Sometimes a vendor offers free shipping on their EBay listings, but charge delivery when ordering from their website.

• This is probably not going to be a popular post, but why do we feel the need to announce what our intentions are? It is one thing to let the vendor know in private but public announcement accomplishes nothing. I think the whole thing with the masks is blown way out of proportion. If you don't want one don't buy one... just like anything else on the site. They had a 50% mark up... to me I say so what... again... just don't buy the mask, I didn't. It is funny that I never hear these complaints about a decal or something else that is simple having a 300% or better markup... I know.. "during this time" it should not be done... Whatever... If he sold them when it was not "during this time" there would be no protest.... We all need to take a look at everything "during this time" and stop going for rides when the mandate is to stay at home... It is funny how we pick and choose what is and isn't ok "during this time".

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• This is probably not going to be a popular post, but why do we feel the need to announce what our intentions are? It is one thing to let the vendor know in private but public announcement accomplishes nothing. I think the whole thing with the masks is blown way out of proportion. If you don't want one don't buy one... just like anything else on the site. They had a 50% mark up... to me I say so what... again... just don't buy the mask, I didn't. It is funny that I never hear these complaints about a decal or something else that is simple having a 300% or better markup... I know.. "during this time" it should not be done... Whatever... If he sold them when it was not "during this time" there would be no protest.... We all need to take a look at everything "during this time" and stop going for rides when the mandate is to stay at home... It is funny how we pick and choose what is and isn't ok "during this time".

It baffles me that you can't see what is morally wrong with the fact that he purchased N95 mask that Doctors NEED and instead of doing the humanitarian thing of donating it to one of the many hospitals that are in dire need, he(Scott) chose to make a profit on something he doesn't normally sell.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• It baffles me that you can't see what is morally wrong with the fact that he purchased N95 mask that Doctors NEED and instead of doing the humanitarian thing of donating it to one of the many hospitals that are in dire need, he(Scott) chose to make a profit on something he doesn't normally sell.

I guess since we are talking morality, the question should be who sold those to him to sell and not that he sold them. There are a lot of people who also need that mask that are immunocompromised that can benefit also from these masks as they do have to to out in public with folks like my neighbor who still doesn't think this is a big thing and the flu is worse. We shouldn't make moral judgements for others unless our actions are all morally sufficient. Have any of us who point fingers done everything ethically possible to help our communities? Or have we bent the rules a bit? I still see posts on all forums regarding "wind therapy" and that this is acceptable. We spread this virus, it does not spread itself.. Anyway... I have N95 masks here that I have had for a long time (no I didn't buy them from the above mentioned vendor) and use them for inside painting and other stuff... I survived GBS and I know that any virus I could contract could again cause the GBS to flare up.. there is no cure for it... So should I have these for my PPE or should I donate them... (I only have 5)... Morally I should donate them for the greater good...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I have 18 N-95's left and they were bought for my protection years ago, I always keep some. If there is someone close to me that needs one, I will sell them one for $99.99 plus shipping :evil:(JUST KIDDING) but no, they will not be given to any hospital, especilly not the Georgetown Hospital:thumbsup:

• I don't need no stinkin N95 - - -

with the mandatory face covering rule that is happening here they actually don't want the general public using N95's they want those to be conserved so that the medical people can get them

as such I have just been using this

i-nDh5nKD-X2.jpg

• Just proves what I have always said from the beginning about SSO or Scott, he does NOT care one bit about the slingshot community he only cares about the mighty damn dollar. Besides him being an arrogant ass this is a really dispectable thing he is doing when hospitals could use those masks. People that are making profits off of this pandemic by price gouging and withholding supplies that our 1st responders despretly need are lowing then dog shit in my opinion

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• In the past I have tended to use Slingmods for most things - I like that they are in California which means shipping is faster. My only Slingshot only purchases were either in person at the Fallbrook event last year or the TD sway bar which Slingmods didn't offer

As to buying from Slingshotonly in the future - if they have what I want and slingmods doesn't or if the deal is just to darn good - - yea why not? - I dont see any point in punishing myself by paying more or not getting what I want - seems like a silly way to try to punish them - heck they wouldn't even know would they?