SlingShot Speakers

• Guys I have a 2016 Slingshot and looking too add a little better audio to this thing. Noticed the sound quality really goes down once I get moving and turn it up a bit. Hoping to maybe just replace the stock speakers for now and see if that helps. I also like the idea of the rear pods but can you add another 2 speakers to the stock head unit with out adding in a new amp ? Looking at doing the polk DB522 for the front pods.

Let me know thoughts and expereience. I wouldn't mind adding the side pod or top pod if I can just splice in and add 2 additional speakers. I really don't want to play around with mounting a new amp ect...

• I don’t know if you can add anything it would change the impedance, Factory units can be a bit finicky. If you run them in parallel it lowers the impedance and in series raises it. Your best bet to not put to much strain on the stock radio is adding an amp. It’s not very hard to do just put it under the driver seat I’ve done a few there now and it works great. The stock radio has no rear channels just left and right.

At that point it really opens up your audio options to add side pods, rear pods, waterfall to get more into the cabin. I have a 5 channel amp that runs the under glove box, replaced the factory speakers with the Memphis audio ones and a waterfall with 2 more 6.5’ speakers. The behind the head pods are great as well.

2023 Graphite Blue R Manual

2022 Tesla Mode 3 Performance

2020 Toyota Supra MK5 - way to many mods

2022 Harley Davidson Apex Road King

• I haven't done this but I think the best improvement for the stock radio without adding an amp would be to abandon the stock pods and get the speaker pods under the hoop because of their placement behind the head. Next would be to use the SSV front pods that hold 6.5" full-range speakers. After that would be to improve the speakers in the stock pods which I have done with a brand (Massive) that I believe is no longer available. To go to a four speaker (or more) setup you'll need an amp. When I looked at the cost of adding the SSV speaker pods, the cost of the pods, speakers and amp of choice was between $600 and $700 and I just haven't felt the need to part with that amount of cash. It's on the 'list' though.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You'll also want to pay attention to sensitivity, aka sound output per watt. I put in some Cerwin Vega separates that are 94 db per watt. Definitely louder and clearer than stock.

Then again, you're driving an open-air vehicle with little to no sound insulation, so YMMV.