Full Price for 2020 R

• Right now you can get really good discounts on just about anything, it all depends on your attitude and patience.

don't be afraid to travel far from home and walk away from your local dealer.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I ordered a 2020 R manual in Vegas at the reveal and have confirmation on the sale. Hear is what I know. They haven't started making the manuals yet and before the plant was shut down I was told maybe delivery in early May. Now I don't know when I will get it. It does sound like May or June though.

About price. Never pay MSRP, (except for a C8 Corvette). I would definitely shop around. we saved thousands on each of our Slings by walking away from our local dealer as Neosolidus said. My preferred dealer is Daniel Alford at Team Mancuso Powersports, Gulf Freeway in Houston. You can reach him at 281-865-3467. I believe they are the # 1 dealer in the US. But I do know they gave me the best deal of anyone we had shopped. I also know they don't have the manuals yet but they have about 20 of the Autos.

Jamesgn

• I ordered a 2020 R manual in Vegas at the reveal and have confirmation on the sale. Hear is what I know. They haven't started making the manuals yet and before the plant was shut down I was told maybe delivery in early May. Now I don't know when I will get it. It does sound like May or June though.

About price. Never pay MSRP, (except for a C8 Corvette). I would definitely shop around. we saved thousands on each of our Slings by walking away from our local dealer as Neosolidus said. My preferred dealer is Daniel Alford at Team Mancuso Powersports, Gulf Freeway in Houston. You can reach him at 281-865-3467. I believe they are the # 1 dealer in the US. But I do know they gave me the best deal of anyone we had shopped. I also know they don't have the manuals yet but they have about 20 of the Autos.

Jamesgn

Thank you for the information.

• I contacted dealers around Houston and in Beaumont and Lufkin when I was trying to get an out-the-door price back in 2014. Most of the Houston dealers wanted large down payments and wanted around $2K for shipping/prep. One dealer even wanted a $2500 non-refundable deposit! The dealer in Lufkin (no longer selling Slingshots) only wanted a $500 deposit and only charged around $700 for shipping and they threw in a free Blade windshield when my Slingshot finally got delivered 10 months later after Texas finally allowed sales.

• After reading about the price gouging quotes people were getting I was delighted when I went to the closest dealer in November of 2014, paid $49.95 processing fee plus $425 off list. Valley Cycle in Winchester no longer sells the SS but luckily for me Village Motorsports in Unionville picked them up and besides being closer to home they have treated me extremely well for service when needed.

• Unfortunately, I paid close to MSRP for my 2019 SLR because my trade was a 2018 HD Ultra Limited that I had had for less than year and was upside down in :(

seems to me you negotiated the wrong way, first of all I always negotiate price without mentioning trade/cash buyouts, when they say if I am trading in I always say no EVEN if I am planning on trading something in, also when asked if you are planning on bringing it in for service there always say yes.

Always get an OTD price then bring up your trade,cash buy out and then negotiate further it will somewhat annoy the salesman because that will tell him you are not a lamb that has come to be slaughtered.... and you will walk out with a deal if not then move on to another dealer.

This might sound like a hassle to do when buying a new vehicle but it just saved me almost $16k off MSRP on a new GLS 450 for the GF...... now that money saved is all mod money for my toys.

Remember they need YOU not the other way around, if the salesman is not saying what you want to hear move on.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• seems to me you negotiated the wrong way

No doubt about that. I was going from 2 to 3 wheels because I had just been diagnosed with Parkinson's, and to make matters worse the med they put me on can cause compulsive behavior (which I didn't find out until after the fact). Probably not the best head-space to be in to make big financial decisions.

• No doubt about that. I was going from 2 to 3 wheels because I had just been diagnosed with Parkinson's, and to make matters worse the med they put me on can cause compulsive behavior (which I didn't find out until after the fact). Probably not the best head-space to be in to make big financial decisions.

Didn't end up so bad - you have a Slingshot!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Is anyone paying full price for the new slingshot R? Plus they tell me i'll have to wait until May or June for the manual version, what are your thoughts?

I recently called our nearest dealer to ask about when they planned on seeing a 2020 SlingShot at their location and the response was a "We don't know!", so your May or June may be a positive thing.

We recently purchased a 2019 Honda Ridgeline, with most of the niceties, for $32,000. Our present frame of mind is that there is absolutely no way we would pay over $30,000 for a motorcycle.

Bill

• Well, we did pay $24,000 for our top of the line SL back in March of 2015, but then we had the partial excuse of being influenced by it being a brand new and unique vehicle at that time. :S

Bill

Yeah, I didn't hear about the Sling until a couple years later and was able to look for deals. I paid $17k for both of mine (1st one got wrecked). If I knew about it when they came out there's a pretty good chance I would have signed up and paid the freight. When you're snake bit you're snake bit!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Yeah, I didn't hear about the Sling until a couple years later and was able to look for deals. I paid $17k for both of mine (1st one got wrecked). If I knew about it when they came out there's a pretty good chance I would have signed up and paid the freight. When you're snake bit you're snake bit!

A memorable part of that sale was at the time other buyers across the country were having to order their SlingShots while paying thousands of dollars in extra fees, then having to wait several months for it to be delivered, where we just drove up to Eugene, had our choice of the only two 2015 models available, either the $20,000 Titanium colored Base or the $24,000 red pearl SL, (choosing the SL because we liked the red better), wrote out a check for $24,000 and Justina rode it off of the showroom floor.

Bill

• After reading about the price gouging quotes people were getting I was delighted when I went to the closest dealer in November of 2014, paid $49.95 processing fee plus $425 off list. Valley Cycle in Winchester no longer sells the SS but luckily for me Village Motorsports in Unionville picked them up and besides being closer to home they have treated me extremely well for service when needed.

We lived in North Springfiled, VA before moving to Texas in 2009 after my Wife finally retired. I bought a 2008 Suzuki DL650 from Village Motorsports in Unionville and routinely rode the 80 miles or so for service. Good people and good prices. Way better than the northern VA dealers.