Economic Stimulus - What Are You Doing With It?

• If you are getting Social Security don't they already have all your bank info? From what I understand effective in 2013 they require all social security payments to be electronic.

To me it seems the best protection would be to set up an account at one bank that is only used to receive direct deposits - Social Security, Stimulus, Tax Refunds - - and any others, and then have a second main account preferably at a different bank that you use for everything else. Then just move the money that is deposited in the direct deposit account as soon as it comes in to the main account only leaving enough behind to keep the account open - - - this way there is virtually nothing for them to take out

Interesting theory but ALL accounts are attached to a social security number. If they find one, they find them all. Face it, if the scammers can hack your account, the US govt can.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Interesting theory but ALL accounts are attached to a social security number. If they find one, they find them all. Face it, if the scammers can hack your account, the US govt can.

I agree that if the Fed wanted they can go get anything - - in the case of what I suggested above I was thinking more in terms of them taking funds from accounts they are already connected to - either by mistake or because you owe them something. Having the connected account for your normal dealings with the government lets Say at B of A, and then a main account that is not connected with Wells Fargo - - would prevent this type of withdrawal - - - but you are correct, if they decide to go looking for every account you own they will find it - - - - unless perhaps you have an off shore account - but that is a bit much for me 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• OK folks I want you to know I'm neither a genius nor am I a follower of the latest conspiracy theories. But I have been saying this for the last 10 or 15 years. I believe our government has already printed up a new currency. Let's call them Red dollars. One day you're going to get a notice to turn in all your Green dollars and you will get one Red dollar for every so many Green dollars. This will effectually devalue the dollar by any multiple 'They' choose to use. If you don't comply you will lose value. Paper currency is already of dubious value since we moved off the gold standard which would never work in our modern economy, and digital currency will be easier to manipulate. 'They' won't need those Red dollars once they've been used to devalue our currency. 'They' will then demonetize society so that you're comfortable with no currency at all. If you think about it it's not that far-fetched. This would be a good backup plan if you were thinking about printing up (fill in the blank) trillion dollars in made up money to 'fix' the problem you created buy shutting down commerce across the entire nation.

SlingLow out!

correct except for one thing....the new money will be backed by gold again.....that will keep our money as the Petra dollar....look it up and why that’s important ...

• I agree that if the Fed wanted they can go get anything - - in the case of what I suggested above I was thinking more in terms of them taking funds from accounts they are already connected to - either by mistake or because you owe them something. Having the connected account for your normal dealings with the government lets Say at B of A, and then a main account that is not connected with Wells Fargo - - would prevent this type of withdrawal - - - but you are correct, if they decide to go looking for every account you own they will find it - - - - unless perhaps you have an off shore account - but that is a bit much for me 8o

while everyone was sleeping about a month or so ago....Trump to control of the FED and now the treasury controls the money...

• If you are getting Social Security don't they already have all your bank info? From what I understand effective in 2013 they require all social security payments to be electronic.

To me it seems the best protection would be to set up an account at one bank that is only used to receive direct deposits - Social Security, Stimulus, Tax Refunds - - and any others, and then have a second main account preferably at a different bank that you use for everything else. Then just move the money that is deposited in the direct deposit account as soon as it comes in to the main account only leaving enough behind to keep the account open - - - this way there is virtually nothing for them to take out

If you have a SS# would take them about 30 sec to find all of your bank accounts.

• Haven't received any money yet, but contractors are hungrier and asphalt seems to be cheaper. Got a quote from a paver Monday that was about half the price we expected. And today they repaved our driveway.

• I got my check today in the mail. I was expecting the full $2400 (wife's share and mine) but the check was only $195. I was pissed. I then saw the postmark said Washington DC and figured some left wing liberal politician took money out to buy Pelosi some more $13 per pint ice cream to put inside her $24,000 refrigerator/freezer.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• No check for me! Hope and prays that the money goes to those that REALLY need it. The wife and I currently still have jobs with a nice emergency fund saved to get us through. Many households have both parents unemployed because of covid-19 and have MAJOR life decisions to make when it comes to their next meal, feeding the kids, bills, rent, mortgage, etc. I'm blessed and will continually pray for all those affected, which is pretty much everyone, but some are a lot more worse off than others. Be blessed.

Be safe and God bless!

• Used a little stimulus money to add some suspension to my Zero Turn seat. It's a generic model so no instructions, like a puzzle for the shop.

Not hard to install but needed to add som spacers and extend the saftey switch wire. Much nicer on my back.

• Like BryanL I think I'll spend some or all of ours on a drive from the street to the shop that houses our truck, motorhome and slingshot. Right now we have the fifth wheel parked next to the shop. And the two axle and one axle trailers down at the lower shop. Labor and cement ought to be cheap now, right?

LC

• F&^%@!$!!

So I got a envelope from the IRS yesterday. You know - when you see those all you can think is F! I'm being audited. Only bad things go through your mind.

It was just a letter telling me that my Stimulus check was being direct deposited (2 weeks ago!). From the White House, signed Donald Trump. Is that really his signature?