Economic Stimulus - What Are You Doing With It?

• Let me save your private eye some shoe leather. It's not in Brush Prairie, WA.

hey - if they want to give me back some of my taxes - who the heck am I to complain

Heck - we were going to wait to file our 2019 taxes, but went ahead and filed just before the stimulus vote was final. We had a bit of a windfall in 2018 and I didnt want them to use the 2018 AGI to decide how much we get. now for the downside, because we never get a refund they dont have our direct deposit info so we will have to wait for a check

Wait. I thought it was based on 2018. Are you saying if you file 2019 they'll use that?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Let me save your private eye some shoe leather. It's not in Brush Prairie, WA.

Wait. I thought it was based on 2018. Are you saying if you file 2019 they'll use that?

From what I have read they prefer to go off of 2019 and will only go back to 2018 if 2019 hasn't been filed yet

so yes, if you have filed 2019 that is the one they will use

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm going to cash the check into single dollar bills. You never know when you'll be able to find toilet paper, and I'll be damned if I'm going to use a $10 or a $20

OK folks I want you to know I'm neither a genius nor am I a follower of the latest conspiracy theories. But I have been saying this for the last 10 or 15 years. I believe our government has already printed up a new currency. Let's call them Red dollars. One day you're going to get a notice to turn in all your Green dollars and you will get one Red dollar for every so many Green dollars. This will effectually devalue the dollar by any multiple 'They' choose to use. If you don't comply you will lose value. Paper currency is already of dubious value since we moved off the gold standard which would never work in our modern economy, and digital currency will be easier to manipulate. 'They' won't need those Red dollars once they've been used to devalue our currency. 'They' will then demonetize society so that you're comfortable with no currency at all. If you think about it it's not that far-fetched. This would be a good backup plan if you were thinking about printing up (fill in the blank) trillion dollars in made up money to 'fix' the problem you created buy shutting down commerce across the entire nation.

SlingLow out!

• Damn. Am I the only one here that doesn't make 100 grand a year?

I seriously doubt it. Most of my income is generated by property sales and can fluctuate significantly from year to year. I've had a pretty good run the last couple of years but I have 'down' years too. It's all part of the gig.

• I seriously doubt it. Most of my income is generated by property sales and can fluctuate significantly from year to year. I've had a pretty good run the last couple of years but I have 'down' years too. It's all part of the gig.

Well, I work for the government so...nuff said..

• Okay, so I actually got my "Stimulus" yesterday - $281. I guess I shouldn't complain, I didn't expect any.

But I'm gonna complain anyways. Why should I get this? I'm not hurting for work, I'm still being paid fully.

My daughter (19 yrs old) is out of work (waitress) while still in college. Taking online only courses and having to pay apartment rent. Even her unemployment isn't enough to pay even the rent. And she is not getting a stimulus at all because her Mom claimed her on her taxes last year. My other daughter (almost 21) is out of work (optometrist office) and will get her check in the mail.

Instead, I'm having to use this stimulus to pay off the credit card I had to give the youngest daughter to pay for food and gas. (Oldest daughter has got her Mom's credit card.)

Why didn't this stimulus go directly to the people who were affected the most?

Instead there's $25 Million for the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts (how is that "essential"?), $324M for the State Department, $88M for the Peace Corps, and "additional $324 million for diplomatic programs, $258 million for international disaster assistance, $350 million for migration and refugee assistance and $95 million for USAID operating expenses".

WTF!

• It's too bad that pork barrel politics is the way we operate. Our politicians are basically sanctioned criminals with their hands out and their personal interests first and foremost. Those are the same criminals who would decide who has been affected the most. Do you see a problem with that? Send the money far and wide and it will end up where it goes. If you park that exorbitant sum of money in your safe, no stimulus will occur. But if you spend it on what you want or need, it moves down the line. I hope everyone spends a little at their local restaurants and retailers. Small business is the backbone of America and the least able to survive not just a slowdown, but a complete shutdown.

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• if you give the government Your info to make deposits in to your bank account...Can they take money out when they want?

If you are getting Social Security don't they already have all your bank info? From what I understand effective in 2013 they require all social security payments to be electronic.

To me it seems the best protection would be to set up an account at one bank that is only used to receive direct deposits - Social Security, Stimulus, Tax Refunds - - and any others, and then have a second main account preferably at a different bank that you use for everything else. Then just move the money that is deposited in the direct deposit account as soon as it comes in to the main account only leaving enough behind to keep the account open - - - this way there is virtually nothing for them to take out

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies