Happy Birthday SlingshotInfo dot com. 4 Years New!

• Ghost we need to get together this weekend if your in town. Give me a shout when your wakeup. I have been tuning the Haltech and getting all those little things like antilag, launch control, rotating idle, and boost control working. I also have a whole new radio and dash.

I have finished a bunch of other little things that I have been putting off for so long.

Heck we may even poke larry and see if he is going to be around.......

Code Word: Biscuits and Gravy. rabtech I wish I had your talent and skillz. Thanks for keeping this going. You make our lives better by keeping us connected.:thumbup:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• rabtech , Ghost, and possibly larry

Would love to get out, but that will be yard work Saturday.

Guardian_Angel is doing the work from home thing...

12 hours a day or more as needed...

Conference calls, training, yada yada yada

But, she is drawing pay.

Weather changed last night, kiss that 80 degrees goodbye for the next week...

Saturday high now is an end-to-end 69, and severe thunderstorm alerts posted for Sunday.

Cullman County LEO's are enforcing the stay at home Governor order.

Have no idea on what they would base an arrest...

Looking like you already have a booking photo, open container in the cup holder, meth lab in the floorboard, naked cousin in the passenger seat, a revolver on the dash might lead to probable cause.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Guardian_Angel and airoutlaw if yall are around this weekend we can meet up somewhere as well. I'm tired of sitting here with it being 80 degrees. I don't think running 80 to 100 mph down the road is going to spread any viruses. Let me know what yall have planned......

We may be able to get out Saturday evening but Saturday morning will be spent finally putting some metal on that car shed I've been working on for the last month. As they say no good deed goes unpunished and this has definitely lived up to that saying. I will give you a shout when I get back to the shop. If it's not too late we'd be glad to get out for a while.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The car shed didn't disappoint yesterday. This has been one of the most aggravating projects I have done lately. The slab poured for it was poured up against an existing slab. That slab happened to have a 4" drop from the back to the front and it was not exactly linear. I had the contractor pouring the slab to put in a "rat seal" around the edges except the side against the existing slab. The idea for matching the existing slab is so that if anything ever were to happen to the original building and new building it will be easy to build a big building covering both the new and old slab. Any way I ordered the building kit to fit a 12X24 slab not realizing that the rat seal would be coming out of that measurement. It wasn't until I put up the corner posts and attempted to install the trusses that I realized my mistake. Yep the trusses were too long. I took them back to the mfg to have them adjusted to the correct length. Two weeks later I picked them up and the next day attempted to install them again. Guess what, they still didn't fit. This time I take them to my shop and my son and I modified them ourselves and now they fit. The next Saturday we completed the framing. Friday I picked up the metal for the top and sides. Let it be noted that once the frame was complete I took careful measurements of the height at the front corners and back corners so the metal could be cut to order with the 1 in 12 angle and also considering the 4" drop from back to front in the slab. Needles to say the metal was not cut properly and every single piece on the South side had to be cut. The most aggravating part was that they did not cut the tops of the pieces on the 1 in 12 angle. Now we will have to install a trim piece to cover up the rough edges at the top of the walls. It took until dark yesterday evening but we got the top, South wall, North wall done but chose not to do the East wall due to not having the garage door(West wall). We are expecting severe weather here today and tonight. Our severe weather here usually comes from the West South West and this building is facing West. Needless to say, if it gets blown away today/tonight I will hire someone to replace it. I am about done with the car shed! And no rabtech and I didn't get to go riding yesterday:(

P.S. I never claimed to be a carpenter!!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• few yrs ago a neighbour hired a company to put up a new drive shed 80ft x 160ft with 16ft walls. The contractor had it all framed and roof steel on it and we had a very unusual storm that had a tornado develop and guess what it hit. Ugg 2 months of work just twisted and piled itself all over. We dont see tornados very often up here so for it to hit this guys new shop was a rarity. When i put my shop up its 60ft by 75ft I went with steel framing and prayed we didnt get any storms until I had all the cross members tied in. Nothing worse than watching and not being able to do anything to prevent mother nature from taking control. Best of luck on the new addition

• The car shed didn't disappoint yesterday. This has been one of the most aggravating projects I have done lately. The slab poured for it was poured up against an existing slab. That slab happened to have a 4" drop from the back to the front and it was not exactly linear. I had the contractor pouring the slab to put in a "rat seal" around the edges except the side against the existing slab. The idea for matching the existing slab is so that if anything ever were to happen to the original building and new building it will be easy to build a big building covering both the new and old slab. Any way I ordered the building kit to fit a 12X24 slab not realizing that the rat seal would be coming out of that measurement. It wasn't until I put up the corner posts and attempted to install the trusses that I realized my mistake. Yep the trusses were too long. I took them back to the mfg to have them adjusted to the correct length. Two weeks later I picked them up and the next day attempted to install them again. Guess what, they still didn't fit. This time I take them to my shop and my son and I modified them ourselves and now they fit. The next Saturday we completed the framing. Friday I picked up the metal for the top and sides. Let it be noted that once the frame was complete I took careful measurements of the height at the front corners and back corners so the metal could be cut to order with the 1 in 12 angle and also considering the 4" drop from back to front in the slab. Needles to say the metal was not cut properly and every single piece on the South side had to be cut. The most aggravating part was that they did not cut the tops of the pieces on the 1 in 12 angle. Now we will have to install a trim piece to cover up the rough edges at the top of the walls. It took until dark yesterday evening but we got the top, South wall, North wall done but chose not to do the East wall due to not having the garage door(West wall). We are expecting severe weather here today and tonight. Our severe weather here usually comes from the West South West and this building is facing West. Needless to say, if it gets blown away today/tonight I will hire someone to replace it. I am about done with the car shed! And no rabtech and I didn't get to go riding yesterday:(

Your description makes me feel like I did it right. I bought three 10 x 20 complete storage units with roll up doors in both ends and paid a towing company $800 ($750 + $50 driver tip) to place them in my yard. Built the ramps and was done. About $7k total for three single car garages. I can't say the wife is real happy with the architecture but I'll work on that when I get them to their final location.

Hopefully your work doesn't end up down the road somewhere Ghost . You got this!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Hey sunshine,.. hope all is well, stay safe

• [quote='Ghost','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9046-happy-birthday-slingshotinfo-dot-com-4-years-new/&postID=303613#post303613']

The car shed didn't disappoint yesterday. This has been one of the most aggravating projects I have done lately. The slab poured for it was poured up against an existing slab. That slab happened to have a 4" drop from the back to the front and it was not exactly linear. I had the contractor pouring the slab to put in a "rat seal" around the edges except the side against the existing slab. The idea for matching the existing slab is so that if anything ever were to happen to the original building and new building it will be easy to build a big building covering both the new and old slab. Any way I ordered the building kit to fit a 12X24 slab not realizing that the rat seal would be coming out of that measurement. It wasn't until I put up the corner posts and attempted to install the trusses that I realized my mistake. Yep the trusses were too long. I took them back to the mfg to have them adjusted to the correct length. Two weeks later I picked them up and the next day attempted to install them again. Guess what, they still didn't fit. This time I take them to my shop and my son and I modified them ourselves and now they fit. The next Saturday we completed the framing. Friday I picked up the metal for the top and sides. Let it be noted that once the frame was complete I took careful measurements of the height at the front corners and back corners so the metal could be cut to order with the 1 in 12 angle and also considering the 4" drop from back to front in the slab. Needles to say the metal was not cut properly and every single piece on the South side had to be cut. The most aggravating part was that they did not cut the tops of the pieces on the 1 in 12 angle. Now we will have to install a trim piece to cover up the rough edges at the top of the walls. It took until dark yesterday evening but we got the top, South wall, North wall done but chose not to do the East wall due to not having the garage door(West wall). We are expecting severe weather here today and tonight. Our severe weather here usually comes from the West South West and this building is facing West. Needless to say, if it gets blown away today/tonight I will hire someone to replace it. I am about done with the car shed! And no rabtech and I didn't get to go riding yesterday:(

[/quote]

How did the shed handle the storms last night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• They called me this morning and said that it was still in one piece. That's a good thing for sure!

Remind me when we see each other and I'll tell you "the rest of the story".

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Edited once, last by Ghost ().

• This little town is about 12 to 15 miles East of us. I stopped through there on the way home from work and shot a couple short videos. We were fortunate to not have any damage at our house.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868