New Battery

• My 2015 Slingshot battery is now 5 yrs old. For me the 5 yr mark is when I change the battery.

What battery do I want for my Slingshot?

Thinking about this, so far your OEM battery has lasted as long as the SlingShot has been around, so unless somebody put a brand new Brand-X battery into their SlingShot the same day that they purchased it, no other battery has proven themselves to be any better? :evil::thumbsup:

Bill

• I'm also rocking the 2015 still... But with LEDs I'm trying to our in and a new stereo, along with a little all in one sub, I'm thinking time to replace.

I'm going to look into the one you mention BKL... But what if I have the Welter Duals now? FunCycle , what do you recommend? And I don't want Optima...

you will need the battery insulation kit.... Slingmods I think..

• Thinking about this, so far your OEM battery has lasted as long as the SlingShot has been around, so unless somebody put a brand new Brand-X battery into their SlingShot the same day that they purchased it, no other battery has proven themselves to be any better? :evil::thumbsup:

Bill

There is an issue with the OEM battery with the battery not being maintenance free. I will be addressing this issue today while getting the Grasshopper ready for summer riding by removing the battery, checking water levels, and cleaning up the corrosion. I will be making a point of purchasing a maintenance free battery when it is time.

Bill

• There is an issue with the OEM battery with the battery not being maintenance free. I will be addressing this issue today while getting the Grasshopper ready for summer riding by removing the battery, checking water levels, and cleaning up the corrosion. I will be making a point of purchasing a maintenance free battery when it is time.

Bill

I had no idea the OEM battery isn't maintenance free... Thanks for the tip! I guess I should break out the owners manual one day and actually read it... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I had no idea the OEM battery isn't maintenance free... Thanks for the tip! I guess I should break out the owners manual one day and actually read it... lol

The newer models are, they are AGM and maintenance free. Only the early models of 2015-2016 had the larger group 26 battery that is not.

• I was moving stuff around in my shop to get the SS out. I threw out my back I hardly can walk let alone get in the SS. It will be at least 3-4 days before I can get the battery out now. My SS was the dealers demo. I asked the dealer when it was in for one of the recalls to check and see what type of battery is in it. They told me that it had been upgraded to the maintenance free battery. We will see.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

• evening group, I appreciate all the information that has been provided in the previous posts. I have a 2015 SS, just started working on a sub amp for my stereo, I knew there would be issues when I got to the battery and was planning an upgrade anyway but was shocked to see this amount of corrosion! I just bought this used in October, it still has the factory battery from 2015, I believe we are getting such long life out of these batteries since it is not located in the engine apartment with the extreme heat from the engines, I have to replace a battery About every 4 years here in Florida in my regular vehicles.

I shot over to Walmart and picked up a class 34 ever start max battery, replacement cables and battery terminals I have had very good luck with these batteries lasting at least four years, and with the warranty of five years, three years swap out last two years prorated. they swap them out no questions asked, (yes I have been using these batteries for a while In multiple vehicles). Did a test fit with it when I get home, very tight but it fits This is the same class as an Optima yellow top. Have it on a trickle charger overnight and will install it tomorrow after work, along with the power wires for my amp. Once again thank you for all the great information in the previous posts to help me figure out what battery will fit, yes, the only drawback is this is a maintenance required battery, I will I have to drop it and check it probably twice a year.

• evening group, I appreciate all the information that has been provided in the previous posts. I have a 2015 SS, just started working on a sub amp for my stereo, I knew there would be issues when I got to the battery and was planning an upgrade anyway but was shocked to see this amount of corrosion! I just bought this used in October, it still has the factory battery from 2015, I believe we are getting such long life out of these batteries since it is not located in the engine apartment with the extreme heat from the engines, I have to replace a battery About every 4 years here in Florida in my regular vehicles.

I shot over to Walmart and picked up a class 34 ever start max battery, replacement cables and battery terminals I have had very good luck with these batteries lasting at least four years, and with the warranty of five years, three years swap out last two years prorated. they swap them out no questions asked, (yes I have been using these batteries for a while In multiple vehicles). Did a test fit with it when I get home, very tight but it fits This is the same class as an Optima yellow top. Have it on a trickle charger overnight and will install it tomorrow after work, along with the power wires for my amp. Once again thank you for all the great information in the previous posts to help me figure out what battery will fit, yes, the only drawback is this is a maintenance required battery, I will I have to drop it and check it probably twice a year.

I changed over to the AGM battery because of the problem with the corrosion. In my 2015 SL I installed the group 26 Optima with the dual battery post which is one inch shorter in length than the 34. By using the dual post battery you can use the side post for any add on's with out having to pull the battery out. My 2015 battery is still in use today on a yard tractor. I found that with the lead acid battery I had to service every 6 months and add distilled water to the battery and clean the posts.