1st day to now, how Mods made yours personal!

• I have my first picture the day I drove my new 16.5 SS home and as of today. This has been my Leukemia healing project and it’s been a whole lot fun!!!

Let’s see others from then till now!

• Most of my mods would go unnoticed to the untrained eye - probably the only one non slingshot owners might catch would be the double bubble windshields. The top would also get noticed if it were on the sling, but 99% of the time its hanging in the garage so not so much. 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Most of my mods would go unnoticed to the untrained eye - probably the only one non slingshot owners might catch would be the double bubble windshields. The top would also get noticed if it were on the sling, but 99% of the time its hanging in the garage so not so much. 8o

Oh yea, I hear ya!!

Under my hood it looks quite different also but I don’t care to open it much, let the Whistle sound leave them wondering.....8o

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Most of my mods are not visible either. My shock tubes are silver instead of black because I replaced the stock shocks with DDMWorks adjustables, and there is a small color matched accent strip on my mirrors, but that's pretty much it. Everything else is mechanical or electrical upgrades that don't really show.

EDIT: Forgot about my billet gas cap :)

• I started with a 2105 Titanium Metallic Base Slingshot. I'm currently on my 3rd or 5th sound system(Can't remember how many for sure). Had a young guy locally paint my Slingshot a bright Yellow. Installed a Hahn turbo kit (my first major mechanical project in 40+ years). Installed the SSO Canadian Headlight kit w/LED bulbs and then rewired my outer headlights to use the fog light circuit before the original Polaris recall to fix the headlights. Added a few other electrical mods. Modified an EBay rear spoiler to replace my lower front spoiler and recently replaced that with the MadStad Ultimate Slingshot Bumper with accessory lights. Replaced my original seats with seats from an SLR with Lime accents (been thinking about using Leather/vinyl paint to change the Lime to Yellow, but haven't decided if I'll make the attempt). I just relocated my AFR/Boost gauge so it's under the dash above the ignition switch and am now in the process of fabbing a new dash panel to hold my new radio, get my dash wiring cleaned up and reassemble the dash so I can get back on the road.

Looking at all of the other responses, I realized I forgot about my Bilstein coilovers and I use two different Aftermarket Mustang wheels so I can run a 305/30R18 tire or a Nitto 555 G2 315/35R17 on the rear. If I can find time later, I may try to locate & post some pics.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• The caliper covers were the first mod to my new SLR. I know it wasn't much, but in my mind, they will always be my first and I was flattered at all the "likes" my post received ... lol 😄

My first real mod was to change my shift knob - - - I have since changed it several more times - have a small collection I have gone through, but for now I have settled on my 1320 performance stainless teardrop

this was the first

i-sx6PW2B-XL.jpg

this is now

i-6sKXbJt-XL.jpg

And one of my other early mods was to get rid of the disgusting stock license plate mount - Hate the way it hangs off the back with those cheap looking bicycle reflectors

switched to this metal mount I found on Amazon

i-N57XcGz-XL.jpg

like I said - most non slingshot owners wouldn't notice the few cosmetic mods like this and the suspension changes also hide well

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We now officially have our 4th slingshot we love them that much. My 2018 has taken a long journey and a stupid amount of money Here is a picture of the day I picked it up still on the lot at Cyclesprings until just recently.

There are a lot of mods that you can't see in the pictures. Some of the major upgrades include:

22" Rims/Tires, Stoptech big brake kit, Sway bar, Engine dress kit, CAI, Custom Tune, Header, Welter Exhaust, Twist Roof, Twist Wing, UAG Spoiler, Lite the Nite LED's, Custom Stereo with 2 6" JL Audios and all new 6.5's with waterfall, PRP Seats, NRG CF steering wheel, CF radio shade, lots of interior dress stuff, F4 Customs, LED's, Mats, and who knows what else LOL.

• There was a similar thread to this somewhere - that I can't find now. I remember I posted the changes for the 3 SS's at the time but dang if I could find it now. Maybe someone can help?

(BTW, searching at the other site doesn't go past their recent (6 months ago) software change. I even just looked for everything I had ever posted, but it wouldn't find it.)

• There was a similar thread to this somewhere - that I can't find now. I remember I posted the changes for the 3 SS's at the time but dang if I could find it now. Maybe someone can help?

(BTW, searching at the other site doesn't go past their recent (6 months ago) software change. I even just looked for everything I had ever posted, but it wouldn't find it.)

I looked before I posted and didn’t see one like this but in my defense, I never seem to find threads whenever I try to search, I’m sure I am using wrong phrase words...:S

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Slingshot shortly after I got it, and later in the fall with an F4 +5 windscreen, a slingshade, eye mascara and some dental work. I also have Baker air wings on it now. and I'm pretty close to buying a TrakHamr kit.

• FOUND IT! FInally! One Year Ago Today!

And here was my post:

And here's the current update:

I looked before I posted and didn’t see one like this but in my defense, I never seem to find threads whenever I try to search, I’m sure I am using wrong phrase words...:S

Oh, I wasn't trying to say anything like this was a duplicate. Sorry, didn't mean it that way.

My meaning was that I knew I had a great post to fit this thread and I couldn't find it. Frustrated me. Took me quite a while (2 days) to find it and move it here.