Cooling seat pad hook-up solution.

• Came up with a neat solution for powering my cooling seat pad that might work for some others here. Previously I installed a jack next to my seat to plug my heated gear (Gerbing) into. I don't have a dedicated heated gear controller. I control it with a Neutrino Aurora. I found a combination of adapters on Amazon that lets me plug the seat pad into the heated gear connector. Now I can control the seat pad from the Neutrino during the summer with no new wiring or jacks and I don't have to take up one of the slings factory lighter sockets.

EDIT: Link to the socket. Link to the adapter. (I couldn't find a socket with a 5.5mmx2.5mm plug, hence the adapter.)

Edited once, last by SZurlo: Added links ().

• Gonna do sort of the same thing. Gonna hard wire the plug into my switched fuse box and just have an outlet I can plug the seat fans into when needed. You can see my fuse block over on the other thread.

Yeah, I saw that. Pretty impressive. I only have a single Neutrino, mounted under the hood protected by a circuit breaker mounted near the battery. I still have 3 unused circuits, but if I run out I'll probably go your route. The automation etc in the Neutrino is nice, but the cost is kind of high.

• Yeah, I looked at the Neutrino too, or just a regular fuse box. The problem was that I eventually want to run a train horn and compressor that will get to 25-30amps which is too much for either. I really like the idea of the Neutrino, and if you're just running lights/leds, those would be fine.

• Yeah, I looked at the Neutrino too, or just a regular fuse box. The problem was that I eventually want to run a train horn and compressor that will get to 25-30amps which is too much for either. I really like the idea of the Neutrino, and if you're just running lights/leds, those would be fine.

The newer Neutrino Aurora, the one I have, is rated at 60 AMPS total.

• Actually, it looks like although the new model is 60 total it only supports 20 on any one circuit. However, it also support combining two circuits to get 30. You can see the feature sheet here. screenshot below with the relevant features outlined in red.

• chavey2 , those specs are wrong. Their website has some contradictory info so I reached out to their tech support (which is awesome, BTW). Each circuit is 25 amps and you can combine two to create a 50 amp circuit. E-mail exchange below.

• Thanks All,

BTW, I fubar'd. I asked Slingmods about the FZ-1, not the Neutrino! Still couldn't track down my email exchange, but I remember Slingmods answered with GREAT information. I remember posting on here while they provided great info that said it would NOT meet my needs and they lost a sale. But that they would get future sales (which they have) because of their customer service.

Oh, and I bought a similar cooling pad, same company, different model: Zonetech Seat Cooling Pad

• Thanks All,

BTW, I fubar'd. I asked Slingmods about the FZ-1, not the Neutrino! Still couldn't track down my email exchange, but I remember Slingmods answered with GREAT information. I remember posting on here while they provided great info that said it would NOT meet my needs and they lost a sale. But that they would get future sales (which they have) because of their customer service.

Oh, and I bought a similar cooling pad, same company, different model: Zonetech Seat Cooling Pad

I have an FZ-1 too. Currently in my parts box. Replaced it with the Neutrino. Bought both at Slingmods. Always great service.