Is it just me?

• Or am I the only one that has no desire for my sling to sound like a rock concert and look like a parade float? I mean, if that's your thing, cool deal, but I just don't get it. I'd say that maybe I'm too old, but many sling owners are older than I am and put a$$-loads of cash into thumping stereos and chaser LEDs. I have a 2019 SLR, and the stock stereo is more than fine for me. In fact, I usually don't even listen to it. Just listen to the engine, the road and the wind. And the lights.... I like some basic, static under-body lights, but some guys are going WAY over the top with synchronized chasers to the point where their sling looks it should be rolling along at 2 MPH in the Mardi Gras parade rather than 100 MPH on a race track. The sling is a sexy performance roadster right out of the box. A few little subtle accents here and there to personalize it is all I need. I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.

• It simply comes down to 2 things... 1. To each their own. I compare it to pizza. Some people like cheese, some like the works. 2. It's not your money...who cares?

I don't "care". Just an observation. I had a friend that thought all pizza was nasty. I don't really "care" that he thought that, but it was certainly the topic of discussion a few times :)

• I don't "care". Just an observation. I had a friend that thought all pizza was nasty. I don't really "care" that he thought that, but it was certainly the topic of discussion a few times :)

In the same light...no one is wrong. But if you're bringing it up over and over again...then you care more than you lead on. Reality is...it's your opinion and that's fine. Different people and different regions of the country find different things cool. In your mind, bone stock is cool and you're sticking to it. Bravo. For others they want to play the one up game...and once again...Bravo to them.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Or am I the only one that has no desire for my sling to sound like a rock concert and look like a parade float? I mean, if that's your thing, cool deal, but I just don't get it. I'd say that maybe I'm too old, but many sling owners are older than I am and put a$$-loads of cash into thumping stereos and chaser LEDs. I have a 2019 SLR, and the stock stereo is more than fine for me. In fact, I usually don't even listen to it. Just listen to the engine, the road and the wind. And the lights.... I like some basic, static under-body lights, but some guys are going WAY over the top with synchronized chasers to the point where their sling looks it should be rolling along at 2 MPH in the Mardi Gras parade rather than 100 MPH on a race track. The sling is a sexy performance roadster right out of the box. A few little subtle accents here and there to personalize it is all I need. I guess I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.

No - not just you, I have no desire to add any lighting, and the stock stereo works for me.

If others want to put their mod money into those things I think its great - one of the best things about the slingshot is that we can all personalize it to fit our individual preferences

for me with my limited discretionary mod money I chose to focus on ride comfort and handling - - as my daily driver and weekend warrior these things take priority

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• for me with my limited discretionary mod money I chose to focus on ride comfort and handling - - as my daily driver and weekend warrior these things take priority

Yeah, nearly all the money I have spent on my sling was to improve areas that the stock sling was kind of lacking in, like shocks. I did buy a powder coated valve cover, but I'm not really sure why. I'm the only one that ever sees it :P.

• Yeah, nearly all the money I have spent on my sling was to improve areas that the stock sling was kind of lacking in, like shocks. I did buy a powder coated valve cover, but I'm not really sure why. I'm the only one that ever sees it :P.

I think that being my daily driver helps keep me in check - I dont want to do anything that might hurt reliability or drivability. Also I live in California where most changes to the intake and exhaust would not even be legal - - at this time they would never know as there are no inspections for "motorcycles" but I dont trust them not to change this - - also in California many of the lights that people add are not even legal - so make it handle better, make my ride more comfortable and a few little things just because 8o

• The Slingshot is my play time. To some, a hobby. Others, a daily driver. Then there are the week-enders. Some thrill seekers. To some a platform to build on.

Probably a few that own one because a buddy has one.

Maybe a bit of all of these or none of these.

If everybody liked the color grey, we would bore the hell out of each other.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• also in California many of the lights that people add are not even legal

I think that's the case, in one form or another in many states. It's just VERY loosely enforced. For example, where I live you can't have red lights visible from the front of the vehicle, blue lights anywhere on the exterior, or any "Flashing or rotating lights", and the license plate frame light must be white. And yet, it seems like probably one out of every five Harleys I see on the road at night is violating at least one of these.

Join the club, I rarely listen to the radio while riding either.

• It simply comes down to 2 things... 1. To each their own. I compare it to pizza. Some people like cheese, some like the works. 2. It's not your money...who cares?

DO not care much for pizza either, or Mexican for MACAWS they could all lose as far as I am concerned along with Hardee's, McDonald's, Burger King well you get what I am talking about.

• DO not care much for pizza either, or Mexican for MACAWS they could all lose as far as I am concerned along with Hardee's, McDonald's, Burger King well you get what I am talking about.

It takes all kinds. My brother didn't like watermelon. That's almost un-Amercian ^^. My ex hated ketchup. To the degree that she would complain if I put it on my food while we were eating together.

• I think that's the case, in one form or another in many states. It's just VERY loosely enforced. For example, where I live you can't have red lights visible from the front of the vehicle, blue lights anywhere on the exterior, or any "Flashing or rotating lights", and the license plate frame light must be white. And yet, it seems like probably one out of every five Harleys I see on the road at night is violating at least one of these.

actually from what I have read California law on lights goes so far as to say that no aftermarket lighting can be installed within 12 inches of any of the legally required lights - - on the Slingshot this doesnt leave many places to add lights - now as you say enforcement is another issue - using the wrong colors would probably get you a ticket much faster than some white halos around the front lights - - - even if they were all legal I still would not be interested - I dont ride much at night and the slingshot already has enough of that "look at me" factor for me

• Mine is a basic 18' SLR LE bought 11-11-17

The only LED's other than the factory ones are the headlights.

Stereo is still factory with no desire to change.

I have added a few creature comforts like 125hp or so but other than that still pretty basic.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I agree.....

To each their own.

I like my Quadshot to be as fast as it looks [and it is] !!! Updated lights because I can not be seen enough by the cagers.

Me, I prefer a slightly mean yet healthy exhaust note paired with my 747 SC blow-off valve. Verses any updated musical notes. My 2018 Ride Command system sounds pretty good to me. Not AWESOME.... But good.

THOUGH, I LOVE A KICK A$$ LOUD A$$ RADIO TOO!!!

Just where I've spent my time and dough.

Webby

And I have said many times....my mod of choice is 'GAS'. And when your new to the Slingshot get lots of seat time in before you go crazy with mods. And than do what works for you... 5 years and 89,000+ miles and mod of choice is still gas.