Is it just me?

• The Slingshot is my play time. To some, a hobby. Others, a daily driver. Then there are the week-enders. Some thrill seekers. To some a platform to build on.

Probably a few that own one because a buddy has one.

Maybe a bit of all of these or none of these.

If everybody liked the color grey, we would bore the hell out of each other.

Wooooooo buddy! There’s another color than Metallic awesome Gray?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Live and Let Live.......Or To each his own.....But i draw the line at loud pipes...

Loud Pipes Lose Rights......

I thought the life long saying of all bikers was "loud pipes saves lives"????

BTW: my pipe is pretty much a 2.5" straight pipe from the header to the back save for a couple small expansion chambers(both of which are open straight through) and I have yet to be pulled over or harassed by a popo. I'm not a fan of the noise but with the SC I don't want any unnecessary back pressure. We actually wear active noise canceling headsets with an intercom for the longer rides. rabtech has the best setup for performance vs sound on his. It is quieter than a toyota camry until it reaches a certain amount of boost then all hell breaks loose!! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I put a head unit into my sling, mainly so I could get a larger screen for navigation and rear view camera (Base model). I do not have speakers though, I'm outputting to a bluetooth transmitter to put sound into my helmet. We listen to music and audio books through the helmets.

As others have said, to each their own. You likely won't find two slingshots alike, it's what makes this so great.

• I'm outputting to a bluetooth transmitter to put sound into my helmet. We listen to music and audio books through the helmets.

Yeah, I bought a nice half helmet made by Sena that has their BT communications system built in. Great for tunes and phone calls etc. Adults don't have to wear helmet in SC, but I'll wear one on long interstate rides just to protect my noggin from flying debris.

• My mods have been mostly all for comfort, function, or performance. I'm on Sling II (Sling one is sold and gone with 49k on it) now. Shocks, sway bar, D steering wheel for ease of entry/exit, console padded arm rest, short throw shifter, summer grippy tires, DDMWorks Supercharger. Mine is a 2016, love it in all ways. I have other upgrades, but these are the ones that come to mind.

Only lighting added was Canada front lights. Stereo is fine, other than it won't connect to Bluetooth with an Android. I use my Ipod instead. I may put some LEDs under the hood (have a hood vent to release heat) to make that look nice, and I have some LEDs to put under dash and in the glove box. Those are for function, so that I can see in there at night. Under the hood I have powder coated Supercharger parts that match the Slingshot, and a custom cam cover and coil pack cover that is also matching with gold and silver leaf flames. I got the latter two parts from a great friend and well known person on here ( Painter ) and the Supercharger powder coating came with the Slingshot. I'm happy I have them, but likely wouldn't have ponied up for them.