2020 Polaris Slingshot Base performance testing

• Very cool Dave@DDMWorks , I'm looking forward to the results from your changes. Good stuff! It's pretty cool that you get to abuse a Sling as part of your work. BTW, if you get a call this week from Oregon or Washington State Patrol, it's because BryanL and I are planning a socially irresponsible ride this week, and our plan if we get pulled over is to tell them that we are secretly testing the new Flapomatic Gizmotron for DDMWorks.

No sir I can't give you any more info than that. I signed a non-disclosure agreement...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• So Dave, how does that compare with the previous 2015-2019 version from a couple years ago?

We have installs every week in April and hopefully we can get one of those turbo/supercharger installs out when it is still stock and get some base numbers to compare, if the weather holds we will do our best to get them.

Also, someone asked me on Facebook how we get the numbers, we use a SOLO DL, it uses GPS to record 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile time and speed. We also use it on the racetrack to record laps/speeds and race lines, neat little tool - https://www.aim-sportline.com/…production/solo/index.htm

• So Dave, how does that compare with the previous 2015-2019 version from a couple years ago?

Numbers from Polaris for a 2018 SS show:

0 to 60 time of 5.5 seconds (video showed 6.9 on the 2020)

1/4 mile - 14.6 sec and 96 mph (video showed 15.8 and 90 on the 2020)

Not sure if we should be questioning how Polaris came up with those numbers as the HP is almost identical. Is it the Automatic or rear end ratio?

• Numbers from Polaris for a 2018 SS show:

Not sure if we should be questioning how Polaris came up with those numbers as the HP is almost identical. Is it the Automatic or rear end ratio?

Thanks, I also was going to try and find the numbers for the CHEV. engine.

• I think that with an automatic these times are probably a fairly realistic example of what most drivers could expect - just find a nice straight level stretch or road and mash the gas to the floor and let the vehicle do the rest. things should be pretty close to the same every time.

On the other hand doing this with an earlier year slingshot without the automatic and now you are putting things much more in the lap of the driver and his/her ability to not only get the best out of the machine, but also to do it consistently

as a side note do these new slingshots with the auto have launch control?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Numbers from Polaris for a 2018 SS show:

The shifting of the autodrive is definitely a little on the slower side and is hurting the times for sure, I would think the manual version of the 2020 would be about a second quicker from just the shifts alone. Not sure the testing conditions that Polaris had when they did those times. We have been testing on sunny 75 degree days on definitely not the greatest pavement around for traction.

We have another install this week and if the temperature is about the same I will try to get some baseline numbers at the same place with a 2.4L Ecotec manual to see the difference.

• I think that with an automatic these times are probably a fairly realistic example of what most drivers could expect - just find a nice straight level stretch or road and mash the gas to the floor and let the vehicle do the rest. things should be pretty close to the same every time.

On the other hand doing this with an earlier year slingshot without the automatic and now you are putting things much more in the lap of the driver and his/her ability to not only get the best out of the machine, but also to do it consistently

as a side note do these new slingshots with the auto have launch control?

The times with the Autodrive were very consistent, I did a total of 9, 1/4 mile runs and the times were 15.75-15.86 and every speed was 90mph.

No launch control on the auto's or manual 2020's that I am aware of.

I did learn that if you apply the brake and the accelerator at the same time the ECM will throw a P150A code -

We did some more testing today on a 2019 Grand Touring that we are installing a supercharger kit on. the 1/4 mile took 15.2 seconds @92.5mph and the 0-60mph took 6.6 seconds. Temperature was 3 degrees warmer, otherwise same road, same tires, same driver ;)