Windscreens

• That is a Madstad adjustable windshield, we have had a 9" installed on our 2015 from, well, 2015, and we have really liked it. The adjust ability makes it an all-in-one windscreen for all seasons. If you do a search of Madstad on any of the SlingShot forums you will find tons of info, unless you have a specific question?

Just to get you started, from way back in 2015: https://www.slingshotforums.co…em-info.7292/#post-151307

and today.............

https://madstad.com/collections/polaris

Bill

• That's the Madstad, now owned by Twist Dynamics. I have had it on all 3 of my SS. I really like the adjust ability of it. Surprisingly, keeping it up an inch or so actually HELPS the air flow through the cockpit. When driving, you can actually move your hand around the cockpit to feel the different air flows.

BTW, it comes in multiple heights and tints. Check it out here.

• Madstad still maintains it's own website (http://www.madstad.com) and offers products for a variety of motorcycles. I don;t know if TD simply got the rights to MadStad's Slingshot products or bought the company.

I had a MadStad 13" Single Adjustable windshield from late 2015 (just after it was introduced in that size) until last Winter. I drilled a second set of holes a little over 1" higher than the stock holes so I could mount the windshield even lower during colder weather. The holes probably should not have been as high up as I drilled them since they allowed the windshield to be so low that the windshield needed to be raised before opening the hood to avoid rubbing. I finally bought a NASCAR-style Tallboy Plus 2 windshield to avoid having rain come under the windshield and possibly damaging my non-waterproof AFR/Boost gauge. Most of the time, only a little rain ever came under the MadStad windshield and I really only had to worry about too much water a few times. Overall, I liked my MadStad windshield for its adjustability which allowed control over how much air entered the cockpit.

• I ran the earlier version of this the last half of last summer. It wasn't tinted, and was only 7" (not offered now). I loved it! Cool temps, put it down, most of the wind was deflected over you. Whatever heat in the footwells would help keep us warmer. When hot (90 plus), put the windshield all the way up. the draft would not hit you hard, but was a decent breeze.... however, it sucked the heat out of the footwells like nothing else! Much cooler overall.

I now have upgraded to the 9" with the darkest tint they have. We love it. Just enough for the cool days, but also will cool you on hot days... AND with a little ducking, block the rain on "THOSE" days. I like to look over the windshield, this was my view today at 6'4"...

• I really appreciate all the feedback and information.

I have decided to get one - and I think the 9" or 11" is what I want.

Thanks!!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Personally I don't car much for all the hardware all over the place with that screen. I love the F4 windscreens personally. I've had the all the Rippers, and ridden in ones with the Nascar and the Madstad. Overall comfort the F4 is the best and its incredibly durable. I've had one on 3 slings for 4 years and it still looks great. I found it the best balance of comfort, protection, calm cockpit, etc.

2023 Graphite Blue R Manual

2022 Tesla Mode 3 Performance

2020 Toyota Supra MK5 - way to many mods

2022 Harley Davidson Apex Road King

• EJ makes a great suggestion because it's amazing just how different the ride is amongst all the windscreens. I tried several early on starting with a base model without a screen. Dealer let me try the bubbles (which were the best looking-think batmobile) but they were about as good as nada at speed. Swapped them for the stock blade which wasn't bad but had had that low pressure area behind screen which sucked toward it and also blocked any cooling air. That was a big deal early on as the 15s had a lot of interior heat issues. I tried a couple of others. 2 favorites were the F4 and the madstad. The F4 looks very nice and acts more like a normal windshield ( block rain, wind and look through it), it does have a good looking compound bend off to the sides that lends to a little viewing distortion. The Madstad is probably the clunkiest looking screens. I tried the 7, 9 and 11. I couldn't look over the 11 all the way down (5'8" and a taller seat)) and the 7 lost some structural integrity trimmed down and would bend quite a bit on hwy. I eventually decided on the 9" and have been VERY happy with it's functionality as it lets in the most amount of air, breaks up the low pressure problem and greatly reduces turbulence. Can pretty much wear a cap on highway..It is clunkier looking and I accepted that trade off.

• I ordered mine from TwistDynamics on 4/6/2020 - can't wait to get it installed and test it out.

The stock windscreen seems to force more wind in my face after installing the canvas roof.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• This is my second favorite windshield I have had on my sling. If you look at my avatar, you can tell I had the extra dark 9". Awesome for summer time, I personally would go with an 11" if I were to go back to a Madstad. It held up great over time and kept the wind under control.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...