"Corona Virus" What did you do today?

• Today started out good. Mowed a good share of the pasture. Then it happened. I got too close to a little creek, sunk the tractor up to the axles, and found a way to get a stump wedged between the mower deck and rear tire. This one's going to require several shots of bourbon and maybe a joint to come up with a plan.

The bucket is half full of water

No problem, gooseman could pull that outta there! ...lol 👍

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• all this last week I have been dealing with a new pool man - - yep, got a call from the dude who came twice a week to clean our pool and maintain everything to tell me he had to abandon his route and move way - some kind of family issue.

Anyway this new guy I got is some old white guy who is totally learning as he goes - - never fully took care of anyones pool before ours, he seems to really care and has been here to check the chemical balance ever single day.

Anyway seems like a nice enough guy - his name is Ed and my wife really seems to like him

Oh - almost forgot - he isnt even charging us :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hmmm... well hopefully that gives you less to worry about if the wife hooks up with the new pool boy.

• The only old white guy that ever took care of my pool and learned as he went along, was ME! And it cost me a shit load of money... lol :00008356:

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Not a great pic, and I forgot to take a "Before" pic. But my driveway had about a 2" lip at the street gutter (I actually measured it). You could tell when they built the house that they had cut the curb horizontal and then poured the driveway over it. Funny part is, mine was the only one this way - everyone else driveway ran into and became part of the gutter.

Not a big deal with the cars and trucks, but the motorcycle was always fun trying to get up. And then of course the SS with those low profile tires was always a pain. I always took it slow backing in, but when pulling out, the front tires would drop over the lip and hit the spoiler against the street. That's why I never bought the DDM Spoiler.

Anyways, got fed up enough that I did something about it. Layed down a 1-1/2" pipe for water to run through and then poured (mixed by hand and shoveled in) 360 lbs of concrete. That was fun. Supposed to rain 4-7" next weekend so we'll see how well it does. I know that pulling out this AM was MUCH smoother.

Dave@DDMWorks - Gonna have to measure to see if I would clear that splitter now!

• Years ago, when we had a pool, I made a deal with the wife: I'll clean the pool but we have to pay for a gardener to mow the yard. And best part was since the gardeners did about 10 houses all a 1 time, it only cost me $10/week. Best deal I ever made.

• I don’t think that 1 1/2 pipe will carry a heavy rain flow. It will probably pool up on incoming side and flow out into the street if that is what I see. You may get a visit from the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• The only old white guy that ever took care of my pool and learned as he went along, was ME! And it cost me a shit load of money... lol :00008356:

Well - I did say the old white guy is named Ed didn't I?

• In my old neighborhood in California the HOA would scream bloody murder if anyone did something like that and try to force you to take it out.

That's why I vowed never to buy in an HOA neighborhood after I sold my first house!

Looks like a great concrete job, by the way!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• In my old neighborhood in California the HOA would scream bloody murder if anyone did something like that and try to force you to take it out.

That's why I vowed never to buy in an HOA neighborhood after I sold my first house!

Looks like a great concrete job, by the way!

I have to agree - I hate HOA's I have owned 3 houses here in the desert and none of them have been in areas with an HOA - - Last thing I need is some organization that I am expected to pay so that they can dictate what I can do with my own personal property - - - - some reasonable city rules to keep things looking pretty decent I can deal with, but HOA's I'd rather not!

• Yeah, no HOA in my neighborhood. But we'll see. I did some investigating and best I could find was that governments and homeowners have "joint responsibility" for the gutters. Seems that full government ownership doesn't start until the asphalt.

Oh, and shixxy concrete job. I didn't have the proper floats (and wasn't going to buy them at $40+ each!) but I did do with an old glue trowel I had. Did power wash before and put adhesion promoter on both the old concrete and mixed into the new. Problem was that the pipe "floated" up so that there is actually a little rise at the top over the pipe.